Maximize Damages, Resolve Complex Liens, Get Tricky Evidence Admitted and More
Do you want to take your skills to the next level and get more out of each injury case? Your chance is here! This seminar will teach you surefire techniques for maximizing clients' compensation (and yours). Uncover practical skills seasoned plaintiffs' lawyers use to tackle complex cases and gain the edge over even the most experienced insurance adjusters and defense counsel - register today!
- Learn how to minimize the impact of liens with effective negotiation and resolution techniques.
- Detangle complex liability and coverage issues to assess case value and viability.
- Discover how to get the most out of expert and corporate representative depositions.
- Convince insurance companies that your injury claims are worth policy limits (or beyond).
- Authenticate and get social media posts and text messages admitted into evidence.
- Uncover jury selection techniques that will help you set the stage for six-figure-plus jury verdicts.
- Gain a refresher on areas of legal ethics where injury attorneys are most likely to go astray.
- Resolving ERISA, Medicare and Medicaid Liens
9:00 - 9:45, Roy S. Dickinson
- New Case Law and Requirements You Need to Know
- Best Negotiation Strategies for Reducing Liens
- ERISA Liens: Secrets Recovery Agents Don't Want You to Know...
- How to Resolve Medicare Liens More Quickly
- Liability Medicare Set-Asides: Clarifying the Gray Areas
- Effectively Handling Medicaid Liens
- Assessing Liability and Coverage in Complex Cases
9:45 - 10:30, Clark W. Crapster
- Maximizing Damages: Pain, Suffering and More
10:45 - 12:00, Clark W. Crapster
- Getting the Insured to Demand Settlement
- Creative Negotiating Tactics That Get Results
- How to Force Offer of Policy Limits
- Getting the Most Out of Lost Earning Capacity Damages
- Maximizing Pain and Suffering Damages
- Increasing Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
- Avoiding Traps with Settlement Agreement and Release Language
- Evidence: Overcoming Admission Hurdles with Social Media, Texts, Medical Bills and Records
1:00 - 1:45, Paul D. Kouri and Greg Milstead
- Social Media Post Authentication and Admission
- Getting Smartphone Data and Texts Into Evidence
- The Collateral Source Rule
- Getting Medical Bills Into Evidence
- Medical Records: Overcoming Objections
- Creatively Using Motions in Limine
- Deposing the Defendant's Experts and Corporate Personnel (30[b])
1:45 - 2:30, David Bernstein
- Jury Selection and Trial Techniques From the Pros
2:45 - 3:30, David Bernstein
- Strategically Introducing Case Information
- Voir Dire Questioning Tactics to Elicit Biases
- Using Your Challenges Wisely
- Taking Your Openings and Closings to the Next Level
- Getting More Out of Before-and-After Witnesses
- Techniques for Educating Juries on Complex Injuries
- Adhering to Ethical Standards as an Injury Attorney
3:30 - 4:30, Paul D. Kouri
- Attorneys' Fees
- Handling Client Trust Accounts
- Disbursement of Settlement Proceeds
- Litigating Ethically
- Personal Injury Lawyer Advertising
Agendas and Speakers may differ slightly depending on the location. Please e-mail or call a representative to obtain an agenda for a particular location.