Achieve top performance—personally and professionally—by expanding your self-awareness and using emotions to your advantage.
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is a hot topic in today’s workplace. But knowing what EQ is and knowing how to use it are entirely different things. Emotional intelligence is composed of four flexible skills, based on a connection between what you see and what you do with yourself and others. Now you can actually develop these skills to increase your EQ and take your career to the next level!
This intensive two-day program applies proven-inaction techniques and peer interaction to help you harness the power of your emotional intelligence. Incorporating the world’s #1 EQ testing and development method—TalentSmart’s EQ Learning—is a surefire way to boost your performance, increase your effectiveness in difficult situations, deal successfully with problem people and improve your interpersonal relationships.
You will observe emotional intelligence in action—through Hollywood movie clips!
- Recognize the central nature of emotional intelligence (EQ) in achieving professional success
- Manage trigger events that cause an “emotional hijacking”
- Respond effectively to workplace social cues
- Build and maintain productive, working relationships and more cohesive groups
Establish the value of emotional intelligence in all workplace activities and relationships
- Identify various human emotions and develop the business case for EQ
- List, define, and begin to identify the key concepts of emotional intelligence
- Link the skills and abilities related to emotional intelligence to employee morale and productivity
- Set EQ development goals
Increase self-awareness of EQ skills and personal EQ competence in order to develop a clear understanding of EQ strengths
- Appraise your EQ skill level by completing an EQ assessment
- Relate the participant’s EQ Assessment scores to the four core EQ personal and social skill competencies
- Practice the core EQ competency of self-awareness
- Investigate both positive and negative emotions through EQ self-awareness strategies
Identify and manage trigger events that cause an “emotional hijacking”
- Recognize the sequence of brain-based activity that results in the human “impulse to action” response
- Assess how the second EQ core competency of self-management allows you to better manage trigger events and avoid emotional hijackings
- Review the role of self-talk in emotional self-management and apply strategies to reframe negative self-talk patterns into positive patterns
Apply strategies to observe people and recognize what they are really saying in order to build more productive working relationships
- Discuss the obvious and nonobvious messages others present
- Evaluate how the information we receive from others interacts with our own emotions and thoughts to determine our actions
Practice the EQ core competency of relationship management through application of self-awareness, self-management and social awareness
- Assess the roles of self-awareness, self-management and social awareness in creating and maintaining productive relationships
- Identify what is required to manage relationships while meeting your needs as well as the needs of others
- Evaluate the place of emotions in conflict and how to use core EQ skills to break the conflict code
Reinforce the training of the brain to develop emotional intelligence skills: training the EQ brains and implementing EQ habits
- Apply proven strategies for training the EQ brain using repetition, practice, imagery, self-talk and mentoring
- Create a six-month “boot camp” plan to train your EQ brain
- Teach others to recognize the habits of EQ’s four core competencies
Create an EQ action plan
- Identify EQ skills strengths, weaknesses and development opportunities
- Commit to a long-term EQ development plan utilizing EQ Brain training habits
All business professionals who want to maximize performance by developing their interpersonal skills and increasing self-understanding and
Receive a complimentary autographed copy of The Emotional Intelligence Quick Book when you attend this seminar.
1.2 CEUs; 2 days
This is a Federal Government approved course - submit request to customerservice at findaseminar.com for price.