Microsoft® Excel® Basics Seminar -
Computer Software / MS Office Training Seminar
Microsoft Excel is one of today's most powerful and versatile business tools,
but if you're not familiar with its basic functions, formulas, commands and
keystrokes, you're setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment. This
Excel for beginners training seminar gives you strong fundamentals to build on.
With the basic Excel training you'll learn how to use charts, graphs, fonts,
borders, shading and more — and produce spreadsheets that communicate better and
really get attention. You'll discover professional Excel tips for brilliant,
distinctive output every time, on every worksheet.
This one-day workshop will show you how to turn Excel into your most powerful
productivity ally. You'll learn hundreds of Excel tips to help you work faster,
smarter and savvier than ever before!
With just one class of Excel training, we'll
show you how to:
- Master Excel formulas and functions
- Design and organize professional looking
- Add charts and graphs to give your
spreadsheets a visual punch
- Copy, move, delete, insert or replace anything
in your worksheet with ease
- Solve common printing problems and end
irritating surprises once and for all
- Create and use simple macros that save time
and sidestep mistakes
- And much more!
*NOTE: This is not a hands-on workshop.
You'll learn more in less time with our dynamic hands-off teaching approach —
without wasting valuable time entering data, correcting mistakes, or waiting for
other seminar attendees to catch up. Your workbook provides all the information
you need to try everything you've learned later, at your own speed and
Microsoft Excel Basics Training — Seminar Overview
Take a quick tour of Excel basics!
- Shortcut menus: the most efficient way to access commands for any task
- Help for Help! How to find what you need in Help without the endless
searching and scrolling
- How to select cells or ranges of cells — 2 methods to choose from
- How to find a single file or a particular workbook in record time
Build a worksheet from the ground up
- What to consider before you create a worksheet — expert advice on building
a worksheet framework that will accomplish your objectives
- Tips for entering text and numbers, and a super-quick way to cancel or
confirm your entry
- The view you need — how to zoom in and zoom out of your worksheet
- When titles and labels keep moving out of view: techniques to freeze them
in place while you move around your worksheet
Harness the real power behind the numbers
- Formula and Function basics — on-the-mark advice that will end confusion
once and for all
- Mathematical formulas made easy: how to subtract, multiply, or divide data
- Basic Excel functions that let you calculate averages, percentages, and
much more using built-in predefined formulas
Learn the techniques that produce visually exciting worksheets!
- The secrets to attractive, readable worksheets: 5 formatting guidelines
that apply to any worksheet you produce
- How to control alignment, decimals, dollar signs, and more — in one easy
- Fonts, shading, and borders that increase the readability and
attractiveness of your worksheet
Get the output you want without trial-and-error printing
- Print Options: the many choices Excel gives you to customize your
printing. Plus, how to add headers, footers, and page numbers to a worksheet
- No more strange page breaks — how to set manual page breaks and ensure
that your titles and labels print on every page
Add impact and visual punch to your data!
- An easy-to-understand glossary of the terms used in charting and graphing
- The Chart Wizard — how to easily produce vivid, exciting charts to
accompany your data, even if you're a total novice
- Where to actually put your chart: all about embedded charts, separate
charts, and chart sheets within a workbook
Gain speed, efficiency, and ease
at every session!
Large worksheets with Split Windows
— the best way to effortlessly view distant figures side by side
For mouse-haters: a quick guide to
shortcuts that keep your hands on the keyboard
An end to macro mystery — how you
can automate many tasks using macros
*NOTE: This is not a hands-on workshop. Instead,
you'll learn via "computer-less" training that makes every moment count.
Save when you attend both Microsoft Excel Basics and
Microsoft Excel: Beyond the Basics. Attend Microsoft Excel: Beyond
the Basics and save $50.00
Basics 2013 or
Excel® 2013: Beyond the Basics
course qualifies for 6 Intermediate Computer Science CPE credits. Certificates
will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
TRAINING SEMINAR TIME:
Seminar Check-in: 8:30 AM Training Seminar 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Seating is Available