Organizing and Managing Accounts Payable
As an accounts payable professional, we know you
face enormous challenges every day “in the trenches.”
You’re under constant deadlines, your workload is overwhelming, you have
enormous responsibility and not enough authority – and everyone thinks all you
do is PAY THE BILLS!
Sound familiar? Sure it does. These frustrations have been expressed time and
again from the literally hundreds of AP professionals like you that we’ve had
the privilege to train and talk with over the years. And there’s yet another
stressor that comes along with your tough job: Even a single mistake on your
part can cost your company an enormous amount. That’s a lot of pressure!
But help is on the way, thanks to an incredible one-day workshop, Organizing
& Managing Accounts Payable. We’ve condensed tons of information to get to
the essentials – the very latest proven AP techniques; accepted best practices
guaranteed to improve your accuracy and SAVE MONEY; and techniques, tips, and
shortcuts that will help you get more done in less time.
Here’s a sample of the skill-building instruction you’ll gain
in Organizing and Managing Accounts Payable...
“How-to’s” for organizing, streamlining and managing your
6 crucial questions you should ask about every invoice
Secrets to setting up files that will hold up under
scrutiny of an audit
Update on current government regulations and requirements
A fail-safe system that eliminates duplicate payments
Tips for getting approvals and authorizations – without
Participants frequently say that what they love
about this workshop is that it provides more than just cutting-edge information.
It also gives them the rare opportunity to share ideas with peers who know where
they’re coming from and to learn from the experiences of other AP professionals.
Who knew a day of training could be so much fun!
So what are you waiting for? This workshop is the
fastest and best way to improve your AP skills and learn how to make your job
easier – guaranteed. Enroll right now while there’s still space available.
You’ll be glad you did!
You’ll Learn in Organizing and Managing Accounts Payable
- Get an update on government requirements for handling
- Discover the latest timesavers for processing payables
- Institute more effective internal controls for reducing
duplicate payments, fraud and wasteful spending
- Turn your AP department into a profit center!
- Learn power tips and shortcuts for reducing your massive
- Prevent costly errors by spotting weaknesses in your
- Gain recognition and respect for the hard work you do!
- Master the essentials of managing mountains of invoices
- Streamline the entire payment process with simple
techniques – and dramatically boost your efficiency
- Learn how to audit-proof your record-keeping system
- Analyze your organization’s internal controls for
weaknesses and holes – and eliminate potential for costly errors
- Harness the latest AP technology to do your job more
efficiently than ever
- Track invoices and purchase orders with newfound ease and
- Learn the secret to acquiring approvals, verifications,
sign-offs and signatures – easily and with fewer hassles and hold-ups!
- Say goodbye to petty cash headaches by gaining control over
this much-abused commodity
- Build safety nets into your processing system that
guarantee bills get paid on time
- Get control of your monstrous paper overload and find
anything you need in seconds!
- Eliminate the potential for duplicate payments with a
- Avoid the most costly AP mistakes – and save your
organization big bucks!
- Deal with difficult vendors and suppliers with tact and
finesse – even in the stickiest situations
- Use the Internet to get quick answers to your frustrating
- Boost your professionalism and credibility by knowing which
key skills to develop for ongoing AP career success
Is this workshop for you? Find out!
Answer the following questions Yes or No ...
- Do you have minimal or no backlog of unpaid invoices?
- Do you have a fail-safe system in place for eliminating
- Do you have written procedures for your department – and do
employees really follow them?
- Are you confident that your files and records could
withstand the scrutiny of an audit?
- Do you know what it costs your department to pay an
- Are you up-to-date on the latest government regulations
that affect AP, including 1099 compliance?
- Do you know how many invoices you handle each month and the
various vendor groups they’re from?
- Do you have set procedures to help identify employee fraud
and vendor fraud?
- Do employees turn in forms, authorizations and information
to you on a timely basis?
- Do you have adequate time to complete your tasks and
responsibilities in an average work week?
- Do you get the respect and recognition you deserve for your
important work as an AP professional?
Can you answer “yes” to every question? If not, this
information-packed workshop will benefit you in major ways!
Success Elements of Highly Successful AP Pros
- Understanding your important role in your organization’s
- How many “hats” do you wear? Why your job is much more than
“paying the bills”
- Qualities the best AP pros share
- A review of critical processes, systems and procedures
- Skill Practice: Testing your accounting knowledge
Shortcuts and Timesavers for Managing Your Workload – Without Sacrificing
- Slick techniques for managing mountains of invoices
- 6 questions every AP pro must ask about each invoice
- Proven “how-to’s” for streamlining your payment process
- Tracking tips that ensure you’ve received what you’re
- Maintaining current and accurate payment records without
jumping through unnecessary hoops
- Skill Practice: Identifying your department’s biggest
time-wasters – and how to eliminate them
Setting Up Internal Controls That Will Make Your Job Easier – Immediately!
- Your organization’s controls: how do they stack up?
- Setting up vendor number controls and receiver controls
- How to implement an easy, fail-safe system for eliminating
- Charging the expense to the right account – your role in
ensuring accurate business records
- Surefire ways to spot – and stop – expense account padding
- Skills Practice: 4 actions to take to improve expense
reporting in your organization
Money-Savers to Tap for Your Organization
- Early payment discounts: when are they a good deal, and
when should you pass?
- Why you should keep manual checks to an absolute minimum
- "How-to’s" for negotiating your way out of paying late fees
- The most common costly AP errors and how to avoid them
- Recovery of VAT and GST: does your organization qualify for
- Skills Practice: Understanding the pros and cons of
often-debated common AP policies
Honing Your People
Skills to Get What You Need – Without Getting a Headache!
- 7 hassle-free steps to getting approvals, documentation and complete
information – the first time!
- Understanding the most important rule in the vendor/supplier relationships
- Tips for negotiating excellent payment terms
- Skill Practice: Brainstorming solutions for minimizing petty cash – and
petty cash hassles
How to Set Up Audit-Proof
Files and Records
- Secrets to setting up files that will hold up under the toughest scrutiny
- Making your files accessible without allowing others to mess them up
- What you need to know about year-end reporting, including 1099s
- UPDATE: Latest government requirements and regulations regarding how you
should handle certain payments
SPECIAL SECTION: AP Technology and
- Advantages and disadvantages of purchasing cards
- Latest advances in electronic document scanning
- How computer-based receiving impacts AP
- Making the most of what the Internet has to offer AP
- What to look for in AP software that will work for you, not
- DISCUSSION: Emerging AP trends – and how to position
yourself for future success!
Special Section: What
You Need to Know About the Latest AP Technology
You’ll get up-to-the-minute information on ...
- Purchasing cards
- Computer-based receiving
- Document scanning
- 3-way match
- AP software
- Online resources
- Emerging AP trends
“Truly useful information! Extremely valuable in
helping me improve and grow in performing my work in accounts payable.”
J. Block, Brake Printing
“It was uplifting to realize how important my work is. I was relieved to find
out that organizations everywhere experience problems similar to ours.”
M. Schmidt, Missouri Dept. of Mental Health
“Easy to understand and not presented in a boring tone ... a lot of valuable
information I will put into practice daily.” D. Goff, Dept. of
“Instructor was very knowledgeable, very motivational. Lots of excellent
cost-saving points and suggestions.”
E. Lowry, Dept. of Mental Health
“I learned that my job was more than just paying the bills.” L. Shanklin,
Kansas City Water Services
“Very uplifting! You are left feeling excited about your job.” J. Taylor,
City of Ottawa
Our training seminars offer Continuing Education
Credits (based on contact hours) upon completion. Credits are issued by The
Continuing Education Center, Inc. according to the guidelines set forth by IACET.
Please note that Continuing Education Credit approval is at the discretion of
your licensing board; not all seminar topics are approved by all boards. Contact
your licensing board or agency for specific information relating to your
Check-In 8:30 AM Seminar Program 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Satisfaction Is GUARANTEED!
At National Seminars Training, our #1 goal is to give you the tools you
need to succeed. That's why every seminar, conference and training resource we
offer is 100% guaranteed. Every time.