Have you ever struggled with:
- Accessing all the valuable information in your spreadsheets?
- Making smart business decisions based on your Excel data?
- Providing vital information in order to meet financial goals?
- Identifying business patterns to make better industry forecasts?
- Spotting trends within your data?
- Presenting your information in "layman's terms"?
Stop struggling with these kinds of questions and come to learn the answers! A day of in-depth, focused training could take your Excel knowledge to the next level. Join the elite few who have mastered some of
Excel's most powerful functions and formulas.
Control all the power Excel® has to offer …
For nearly two decades, Microsoft® Excel® has been the computer industry’s dominant spreadsheet application chosen for its
sophisticated reporting, data analysis, and data tracking capabilities by professionals and home users alike. Today, many positions in the workforce require a working knowledge of Excel, and it’s difficult to find a company of any size that doesn’t rely on Excel at some level.
Whether you’re working with sales information, pricing, customer records, employee stats, product inventory, payroll, company financials or other critical information, Excel is an invaluable tool for organizing, managing, analyzing, and tracking your data.
Take your Excel skills to the next level …
For you, building a worksheet is an everyday event. You can run queries in your sleep and you make creating PivotTables look easy. Now you are ready to expand your knowledge to more advanced formulas and functions. This workshop will take your Excel expertise to the next level. You’ll experience some of Excel’s more complex formulas and functions, and discover how to get the most information out of your data files. This class will advance your knowledge and make you a more confident, capable Excel user.
It can be frustrating, knowing the information you or your company needs is somewhere in your Excel spreadsheets. This training is something you can use as soon as you return to the office. Concepts that were once a struggle will suddenly become simple once you understand the power behind Excel’s formulas and functions. You will increase your productivity as you use Excel more effectively and efficiently.
Who should attend?
All current users of Microsoft Excel
Excel® Formulas and Functions — Seminar Overview
Understand Names, Ranges and Formulas
- Learn how named cells and ranges can make your formulas more understandable
- Easily move through worksheets using the Name box
- Save time by using names in your formulas and functions
- Learn the difference between relative and absolute reference formats
- Discover the power behind
Excel's data validation formulas
- Learn how to debug errors using Excel’s auditing tools
Excels functions to manipulate text, extract content, and help identify information
- Examine date functions for determining the time, days, or work days that have elapsed between two dates
- Convert from military time to standard time
- Work with different time zones
- Use single and multiple criteria for conditional summing formulas
Excel's functions for performing basic and advanced lookups
- Learn how to perform statistical analysis on data
Analyze Data Using Tables
- Use advanced filtering to examine content according to complex criteria
- Create criteria ranges using database functions
- Use filter lists to evaluate a table’s content
- Reference tables in formulas
- Create custom PivotTable calculations and apply them to a worksheet formula
- Understand potential limitations and restrictions within functions and how to avoid them
Evaluate Business Scenarios
- Create data tables that can help analyze “what-if” situations
- Use Goal Seek to identify changes your company must make today in order to obtain future goals
- Evaluate variables to find the optimum product margin and perform a break-even analysis
- Create scenarios to identify potential business solutions
- Use regression analysis to reveal business trends and relationships within your organization
- Forecast potential futures based on trend analysis
Create Business Formulas
- Calculate loan repayment
- Create amortization tables
- Identify the potential future value of investments
- Use Excel’s discounting functions to analyze cash flow values and rates of return
This course includes step-by-step demonstrations, instructor-led exercises, and more, all designed to deliver the advanced training you need to harness all the potential Excel has to offer. One day of intensive training gives you powerful productivity tools. Enroll now
Seminar Check-In 8:30 AM
Seminar Program 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM