Enrich your knowledge base in the area of employment law!
Whether you are just beginning your employment law practice, or are looking for a refresher in the field, this seminar is for you. Join our experienced faculty as they explain the alphabet soup of employment law acronyms. Share their experience and insights in this complex area of law. Register today!
- Be on top of your game: learn the latest discrimination statutes and recent trends in claims.
- Gain valuable tips for managing FMLA and other leaves of absence.
- Learn about numerous new Supreme Court decisions on employment law.
- Be clear on what constitutes an employer HIPAA violation.
- Catch up on current and unusual employment law cases.
- Stay compliant with employment eligibility for immigrants.
- Recognize and avoid conflicts of interest in employment law cases.
- Decrease risk of retaliation claims with a thorough understanding of Title VII.
- Review the ways that FMLA and ADA come together to avoid conflicting claims.
WAGE AND HOUR LAW
9:00 - 9:45, Rebecca J. Bennett
- Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act - FLSA
- State Wage and Hour Statutes
IMMIGRATION AND EMPLOYMENT
9:45 - 10:30, Lori A. Pinjuh
- Immigration Reform and Control Act - IRCA
- I-9 and IRCA Compliance
WORKERS' SAFETY AND HEALTH
10:45 - 11:30, Elizabeth A. Crosby
- Occupational Safety and Health Act - OSHA
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act - HIPAA Benefits Concerns
LEAVES OF ABSENCE
11:30 - 12:15, Elizabeth A. Crosby
- Family and Medical Leave Act - FMLA
- Military Leave Entitlements
- How FMLA and ADA Intersect
1:15 - 2:15, Bari E. Goggins
- Age Discrimination and Employment Act - ADEA
- Americans With Disabilities Act - ADA
- The DNA/Genetic Question
- Title VII and Retaliation
ETHICS OF EMPLOYMENT LAW PRACTICE
2:30 - 3:30, D. James Petroff
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Conflicts of Interest
- Assessing Attorneys' Fees
EMPLOYMENT LAW IN THE NEWS
3:30 - 4:30, Christine Cossler
- Recent Developments in Employment Law
- New Supreme Court Employment Discrimination Decisions
- Developments With the Employee Free Choice Act