Stay in Compliance With Gross Receipts Tax Regulations
Handling the gross receipts tax is rarely simple with its multiple levels of taxation. You need to stay abreast of new ways businesses can control the amount of taxes they pay, while keeping up to date with changing legislation. This seminar will provide you with an overview of the gross receipts tax, relevant issues and tax strategies. Register today!
- Avoid penalties for non-compliance by following registration, permit and reporting requirements.
- Minimize tax exposure by staying current with regulatory changes.
- Claim key exemptions: don't miss any important details that can save your clients money.
- Find out if your client is overpaying taxes on interstate transactions, and how to reclaim the money.
- Build your industry-specific knowledge so you can tailor your advice to a diversified client base.
- Help clients reclaim lost profits from excessive taxation with detailed knowledge of the process.
- Let our distinguished faculty be your guide: get answers to your tough questions to expand your knowledge.
- OVERVIEW OF GROSS RECEIPTS AND COMPENSATING TAX ACT
9:00 - 9:45, Richard L. Anklam, Robert J. Desiderio and Benjamin C. Roybal
- Imposition of Gross Receipts Tax
- Definition of Gross Receipts
- GROSS RECEIPTS AND COMPENSATING TAXATION OF MANUFACTURER'S OVERVIEW
10:00 - 11:00, Richard L. Anklam, Robert J. Desiderio and Benjamin C. Roybal
- Double Tax Potential; Overview of Statutory Scheme
- Materials Purchases
- Subcontracted (Manufacturing) Services
- Other Services
- Sales of Manufactured Products by Manufacturer
- Sale for Resale
- GROSS RECEIPTS TAXATION OF SERVICES-OUTLINE AND ANALYSIS OF RELEVANT STATUTES AND REGULATIONS
11:00 - 12:00, Richard L. Anklam, Robert J. Desiderio and Benjamin C. Roybal
- General Rules for Gross Receipts Taxation of Services
- Services Performed in New Mexico
- Services Performed Outside New Mexico
- Sales of Service for Resale
- GOOD FAITH ACCEPTANCE OF NON TAXABLE TRANSACTION CERTIFICATES
1:00 - 1:30, Richard L. Anklam, Robert J. Desiderio and Benjamin C. Roybal
- GROSS RECEIPTS AND COMPENSATING TAXATION OF CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
1:30 - 2:45, Richard L. Anklam, Robert J. Desiderio and Benjamin C. Roybal
- Taxation of Construction Services: Prime Contractors
- Taxation of Construction Materials Suppliers
- Taxation of Subcontractors
- Sale of Service for Resale
- Compensating Tax
- GROSS RECEIPTS SELECTED HEALTH CARE SERVICES
3:00 - 4:00, Richard L. Anklam, Robert J. Desiderio and Benjamin C. Roybal
- Health Care Service Provided to Medicare Beneficiaries
- Sales of Commercial Contract Services and Medicare Part C Services
- TAX DISPUTES
4:00 - 4:30, Richard L. Anklam, Robert J. Desiderio and Benjamin C. Roybal
- Protesting an Assessment
- Claims for Refund