How to Successfully Manage People in Turbulent Times
When Times Are This Tough — As a Manager, You MUST Be Tougher
... and smarter ... and more inventive ... and more inspiring
These aren’t the days when anyone can get by on average effort. These are the
days when exceptional leaders are separated from the mediocre — and mediocre
managers seldom get the chance to remain at the helm.
So make no mistake: Your career is on the line. But the news is not all bad.
Because it’s also a time when phenomenal leadership careers are created!
This is Your Chance to Show Everyone You’ve Got What It Takes to Lead Through
Any Storm That Comes Your Way!
Times like these may leave some people shaking in their boots. But that’s not
you. Tough times only strengthen your resolve to succeed. You’re determined to
lead your people through the turbulence and turmoil of today, and the uncertain
future ahead of you.
The only question on the table now is "How are you going to do it?" Thankfully,
you don’t have to go it alone.
This Training Gives You the Know-How You Need to Shine
How to Successfully Manage People in Turbulent Times will supercharge your
leadership skills and abilities so you can shine through these times. From
handling employee anxiety and low morale ... to doing more with fewer resources
... to generating creative ideas for your toughest challenges ... you’ll gain
solid how-to’s that will help you overcome every obstacle you encounter.
Soon, you’ll be the "go-to" leader everyone counts on — the leader everyone
Your people and your boss expect you to lead with vision and confidence.
Don’t let them down!
This may not have been the dream leadership scenario you’d hoped for, but it’s
the challenge you MUST rise up to meet. Your future ... and your employees’
futures ... and your organization’s ongoing success rest squarely on your
The risks of NOT attending are simply too great — so reserve your seat in this
What You'll Learn:
- Learn how to respond to overwhelming pressure and seemingly insurmountable
problems with cool- headed confidence.
- Stop agonizing over which course of action to take! Make more effective
business decisions, more quickly.
- Manage with the confidence, courage, and conviction that’ll inspire full
effort from all your employees.
- Identify and eliminate barriers to productivity.
- Learn how to recognize "weak links" on your staff and know for sure when
it’s time to let people go.
- Refocus priorities on what matters most — and switch directions on a dime,
should those priorities change again tomorrow.
- Discover new ways to deliver unmatched results that will get noticed from
above — and move your career forward fast!
Who Should Attend?
This Training Is So Important — Every Manager in Your Organization Should
No matter what type of organization you work in ... no matter what role you play
... the strategies, techniques, and insights within this training are proven to
work for your entire leadership team.
So spread the wealth of knowledge — and secure your organization’s future. We’ll
even help you stretch your training dollars with our group training discount:
When 3 enroll from your organization, a 4th attends FREE!
Give your leadership team the survival skills they need to lead your
organization safely through the rocky road ahead: Send every manager to this
critical leadership development training.
Leadership Musts for Turbulent Times
- Recognize the strengths and limitations of your unique leadership style
- Why employees need you to exude an aura of optimism every day
- Active listening skills guaranteed to give you the upper hand
- How to establish a positive sense of urgency and mission
- Know your priorities! And how to tell what’s top priority when everything
- The secret to helping employees feel valued by you and the company
Realities of Being a Leader in Times of Change and Uncertainty
- The difference between managing and leading
- Understanding the nature of change
- Systems that typically build, bend, or break during the change process
- Recognizing the positive and negative consequences of change
- Managing the emotional and intellectual challenges of change
- Contingency planning: preparing for situations and challenges you can’t
control and can’t predict
Handling the Unexpected
- Coping with crisis — even when everyone else loses control
- What to do when unexpected changes throw you into crisis mode
- Learn to assess the impact of any unexpected change so you don’t overreact
- Tips for feeling in control when the change you’re handling makes you feel
out of control
- Find the hidden opportunities in unwelcome change
Ward Off Negativity and Create a "Can Do" Environment
- Infuse every job with a sense of purpose and excitement
- How to be demanding without quashing morale
- How to handle paralyzing emotions
- Minimize antagonistic behavior
- Effectively neutralize any "miscommunication" networks — from grapevines
to gossip mills
- How to help your employees become more comfortable with change and
- Power strategies for combating attitude problems, negativity, and chronic
- Create team pride and develop team momentum and morale
Lay the Groundwork for a Bright Future Through Creativity and Innovation
- Foster open communication where every contribution counts
- Strategies for keeping bureaucracy from killing innovation
- Generate a "safe" environment for brainstorming, brain-linking, and
- How to say "no" to an employee’s idea in a positive way
- Open the communication pipeline and keep ideas flowing
Accept Nothing Less Than Exceptional Performance
- The best way to get a good handle on the performance drivers behind each
- 13 reasons employees don’t do what they’re supposed to do
- Ways to criticize and correct without causing defensiveness
- The how-to’s of giving positive and negative feedback
- Lead employees to their own performance solutions
Terminations, Layoffs, and Reduction in Force
- Firing for cause? Put airtight documentation together
- Reduction in force or layoff? Things you should know first
- Critical steps that can lessen employer firing risks
- How a termination interview should be conducted
- How to prepare for the typical reactions of terminated employees
- What to say to the rest of your staff when other employees are dismissed
How to Handle and Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Tips for recognizing and relieving an employee headed for burnout
- How to make sure you’re a calm, confident voice when employee anxiety runs
- Techniques for handling tears, anger, rage, and "pity parties"
- Self-talk for leaders in turbulent times — what you must tell yourself,
and what you must never tell yourself
- When everything is urgent — how to keep from getting personally
- Why you must take time to take care of yourself if you are to be an
Seminar Training Time:
Seminar Check-In 8:30 AM Seminar Training 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM