Are you one of
the many organizations OVERpaying or
UNDERpaying sales and use taxes?
Chances are, if you’ve not attended this comprehensive
workshop, you may very well be. And that puts your organization at a serious
If you’re OVERpaying — you’re throwing money away!
And, it may be more than you think possible! Even small
overpayments over time can add up to big bucks — bucks that should be going
to your organization’s bottom line. You and your organization work hard for
your money — throwing it away just doesn’t make sense.
If you’re UNDERpaying — watch out for rough water ahead!
Make no mistake: The consequences of underpaying sales and use taxes can be
severe. First, you can expect to undergo an excruciating audit. Next, your
organization will be slapped with some potentially heavy penalties, be
ordered to pay back taxes plus interest, and maybe even wind up with some
steep legal bills. And, in some cases, you may be held personally
accountable for tax mistakes (yikes!).
When it comes down to the dollars and cents that drive
your organization, it pays to fully recognize your sales and use tax
obligations. Attending this workshop is just a small investment of time and
money, but it’s a critical investment for professionals committed to
achieving a healthy bottom line.
struggle to keep up with sales and use tax laws and regulations when this
workshop gets you up to speed in just one day?
Are you struggling with sales and use tax laws and
regulations? You’re not alone! In fact, professionals across the nation
agree that computing, tracking, and filing sales and use taxes are the
toughest, most time-consuming responsibilities they face.
Perhaps you can relate to some of the most
common complaints ...
“Tracking and handling sales and use taxes take a lot of
“The laws are confusing, varying from state to state and area to area.”
“The forms are complex and often unclear.”
“The rules are always changing and it’s hard to keep on top of the new
“No one seems to be able to answer my toughest questions.”
Sound familiar? We understand that without the proper
tools and information, handling sales and use taxes can be an arduous,
frustrating, seemingly impossible chore. But, it doesn’t have to be that
Understanding and Managing Sales & Use Tax
gives you the solid know-how you need to feel confident in your ability to
handle the many complexities and challenges that come your way. It presents
difficult concepts and confusing terminology in a clear, easy-to-understand
manner, and provides you with the most up-to-date information available.
We’ve done our homework, so you don’t have to!
- Fully understand your real sales and use tax
- Are you over- or underpaying? Find out how to know for
- Frustrated by how much time is involved in filing and
maintaining sales tax records?
- Gain invaluable shortcuts that’ll cut that time in
- Learn little known business strategies that minimize
your sales tax obligations
- Discover the most common tax mistakes ... and learn how
to avoid them!
Top of Page
Anyone responsible for the accounting and tax preparations
practices for any size of organization. Have you ever wondered....
- How can I be sure I’m paying all the taxes I owe?
- Where do you go to find the most current regulations
regarding state and local sales taxes since they seem to be changing all
- Which items and services are taxable? Which aren’t?
- How do I determine whether I’m exempt from any sales
and use taxes?
- I may have overpaid taxes in the past — what can I do
about it now?
- What are the most common mistakes made in filing sales
and use taxes and how can I avoid them?
- What items should I keep a detailed record of in case
of an audit?
- We’re really tight on people resources — are there any
ways to streamline the tax filing process?
- The tax laws are so complicated — can you give me a
plain English explanation of what they mean?
- Are there any tax breaks that my organization should be
taking advantage of?
- What are the real consequences of underpaying?
- Are there any items that are taxable that I don’t know
- Who is responsible for paying which taxes — my
or our customers?
- Are there any legal ways to reduce my organization’s
- What are the most effective and efficient ways to
Sales and Use Taxes — in Plain English
- Sales and use taxes defined
- The government definition of a “sale”
- When does a “sale” occur?
- A sure way to determine which persons and businesses
are taxable and which are exempt
- When are sales and use taxes applicable? Here’s how to
know for sure
- The sales tax return: What is it and when must it be
- Deciphering your sales tax report for clearer
understanding of the numbers
- How to register for a seller’s permit
- When can you personally be held liable as an employee
or corporate officer for sales and use tax errors?
- How interstate commerce is defined and how it affects
to Pay Only What Your Organization Owes — and No More!
- How to contact your state board of equalization for the
most current tax rate info: a listing for all 50 states
- Surefire techniques to determine which transactions are
exempt from sales and use taxes
- Providing services: How to know if you’re required to
pay sales taxes
- Understanding when sales taxes apply to consumption of
goods in manufacturing
- Which interstate commerce transactions are exempt from
sales and use taxes?
- Do you pay, or do your customers: Who is responsible
for which taxes?
- Taxable items that are most often overlooked by payers
- Defining sales tax applicability to software sales and
- An error-free method for computing exactly what your
- Understanding the consequences — and the full range of
penalties — for underpaying taxes
Top of Page
Big Bucks by Minimizing Your Sales and Use Tax Obligations
- 100% legal ways to reduce your organization’s tax
- How to avoid sales taxes on delivery, freight and
- Tips for taking advantage of the isolated or occasional
- Tax breaks your organization may be overlooking
- Common sales and use tax filing mistakes that can cost
you — and how to avoid them
- Overpaid in the past? How to find out if you can
recover any money
Ounce of Prevention: Preparing to Survive a Sales Tax Return Audit
- An item-by-item list of what you must keep detailed
records of in case of an audit
- Effective sales tax audit strategies
- Understanding the procedures used by auditors
- Tips for taking charge of the audit
- A sampling of audit techniques for specific business
- What you can do before and during an audit to make the
process less excruciating for your organization — and for you!
Establishing a Top-Notch Accounting System to Monitor Sales and Use Taxes
- Key elements needed for an error-proof tax accounting
- How to use your system to manage taxable and nontaxable
- Organization techniques and tools that help you
maintain tax records efficiently
- Timesaving tips for streamlining the tax- filing
- Software programs that can save you hours of tedious
- How to determine if you need a CPA or tax attorney, or
if you can handle the job yourself
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Check-in begins at 8:30 AM
Top of Page
Satisfaction Is GUARANTEED!
At National Seminars, our #1 goal is to give you the tools you
need to succeed. That's why every seminar, conference and training resource we
offer is 100% guaranteed. Every time.