Training is a highly demanding job, which certainly isn’t
news to you. But in my 20-year career in the training industry, I’ve found
that fellow professionals often get so wrapped up in the hectic day-to-day
details of training others that they don’t make time to build their own
And let’s face it, as a trainer today, you need every
bright idea, fresh approach and innovative training technique you can
possibly get your hands on to engage and motivate today’s increasingly
sophisticated learners. Nobody sits still anymore for the old talking head
How to Be a Dynamic Trainer is an exciting
new workshop my company has developed specifically for professionals like
you – trainers eager to get better training results and become more
effective. In just one intensive day, you’ll master expert training tools
and creative facilitation techniques, discover powerful solutions to your
training challenges and polish your presentation style until you shine.
A small sample of core competencies we’ll cover ...
- How to motivate even the most reluctant learners
- How to engage learners and get them to participate
- How to boost learning and retention through games and
And that’s just for starters. You’ll also find out how to
deal quickly and effectively with snipers and gripers, how to choose
effective visuals and work with multimedia, and how to make the dozens of
games and activities you’ll learn really work to meet your training
objectives. In addition, you’ll find out how to design content-rich programs
step by step – in less time than you ever dreamed possible.
One of the many benefits of this highly interactive
workshop is major: You get the all too rare chance to spend the day in a
room full of other training professionals who face the same tough challenges
you do. You’ll share ideas, pick each other’s brains, swap “war stories,”
laugh and learn together.
This fast-paced, highly interactive workshop is built on practical,
real-world training techniques, motivational strategies and creative
solutions that I’ve seen used time and again – for phenomenal training
results. Forget about theory, we’ll focus on what works!
I promise you that if you attend this workshop and apply
the powerful techniques, tools and strategies you’ll learn, you will become
a more dynamic, more effective trainer.
You owe it to your learners, to your organization – and to
yourself – to grab this opportunity to strengthen your training skills,
enhance your presentation style and become the kind of trainer who gets
exceptional results every time. Make the commitment to build your career and
P.S. Not to brag, but National Seminars Group has trained
millions of professionals from coast to coast. We’ve built our enviable
reputation as the country’s premiere career trainer using the same powerful
skills, techniques and tools you’ll master during this workshop. Don’t miss
this opportunity to learn from the experts!
Top of Page
What You’ll Learn
Dramatically enhance your training skills and get
up-to-date on the latest, most innovative training techniques! In just 1
fast-paced day of training, you’ll learn how to…
- Polish your presentation style
- Motivate adult learners—even resistant participants
- Deal quickly with snipers, gripers and other difficult
- Enhance learning and retention through creative course
- Encourage participation with games and activities
- Ensure transfer of skills to the job
This results-focused workshop has been developed around
these 5 learning objectives – core competencies guaranteed to make you a
- You will identify what motivates adults to learn –
and master proven techniques to motivate them.
Entire books have been written on the topic of motivating adult learners,
because it’s the toughest challenge any trainer faces. That’s why early on
in your training day you’ll identify key factors that motivate adults to
learn, as well as the basic learning styles. Then you’ll master proven
techniques and strategies for motivating different types of learners –
including the resistant learner. You’ll also gain insight into how to
encourage positive attitudes toward learning among your participants.
- You will learn how to increase audience
participation by incorporating learning games, panels, role playing and
other activities into your session.
If your participants sometimes resemble bumps on the proverbial log, know
you’re not alone! Engaging learners will become much easier, however, once
you’re armed with dozens of interactive learning tools you’ll learn in
this workshop. Find out not only how to incorporate games, panel
discussions, role playing, pen and paper exercises, and other small and
large group activities into your programs, but how to maintain control of
them – and tie them back into your learning objectives.
- You will learn dozens of expert ways to polish your
Whether you’re a seasoned trainer or brand new to the field, you’ll
benefit from proven tips and techniques for enhancing your voice,
improving your delivery, sharpening your image as a trainer and more.
We’ll also cover how to work effectively with multimedia and how to choose
visuals that will drive your points home. You’ll find out how to avoid the
most commonly made presentation blunders, so you’ll look like the pro you
are – and earn the reputation of an outstanding trainer.
- You will learn quick, super-effective ways to deal
with difficult participants and tough training situations.
Snipers, gripers, jokers and know-it-alls can throw you off your game fast
– and can distract the rest of the audience from learning anything. But
you’ll be amazed at how quickly difficult participants can be turned
around when you’ve mastered techniques designed to counteract specific
antics. You’ll also find out how to professionally handle tough training
situations like people coming and going in the training room, outside
noise, faulty equipment and more.
- You will learn how to develop solid, content-rich
programs that meet your training objectives.
If your program is poorly developed and badly organized, your training
session will be ineffective, no matter how strong your presentation skills
may be. In this workshop, you’ll learn a variety of creative course
designs you can easily adapt to meet your training needs. You’ll also find
out how to slash your work time with planning tips, templates and research
shortcuts. We’ll show you the easy way to build content-rich programs that
meet your training objectives – and do it in record time.
Top of Page
Who Should Attend
A seasoned trainer or training manager: Getting stale as a
trainer is guaranteed doom. Join us for new ideas, creative facilitation
techniques and more. Refresh, network and rejuvenate.
- A trainer new to the field: Attending this
workshop is the quickest, easiest way to learn the skills you’ll need to
become a confident, dynamic trainer. Get off to an excellent start!
- An HR professional: Boost your effectiveness in
conducting orientations, speaking at company meetings, describing new
policies and procedures. Give your skills a boost.
- A team leader: Find out how to present
information and instructions so that they’re immediately understood by
your team members. Meet your team objectives!
- Supervisor or manager: If training isn’t your
main job responsibility, this workshop will give you the basics you need
to train employees. Get new hires up to speed fast!
- An educator: If you transfer knowledge to
others, this workshop will benefit you regardless of your profession.
Learn to tailor training to adults.
- Have training responsibilities of any kind:
Anyone who is required to transfer knowledge or skills to others will
benefit from this innovative workshop. Share your job expertise with
Adult Learners to Get With the Program
- 10 characteristics of highly motivating instructors
- 7 strategic ways to motivate adult learners
- Recognizing common barriers to learning – and expert
ways around them
- Tips for creating a positive training environment that
motivates and stimulates learning
- An overview of the basic learning styles and how to
relate to each of them
- A word of warning: Motivational training techniques
most adults are sure to hate
Presentation Pointers That Add Polish to Your Delivery
- Voice techniques expert trainers use for a dynamic
- 5 common presentation blunders that doom your session –
and how to avoid them
- Quick tricks for combating nervousness so you come
across as cool, calm and collected
- How – and when – to use humor
- The how to’s of storytelling: Using this powerful tool
without droning on about your personal life
- Strategies for effective use of multimedia in various
- Guidelines for choosing visuals that reinforce your
points, rather than distract from them
- Creating instructional materials that enhance learning
rather than stuff the trash basket
- Getting yourself revved up and enthused when you’re
Top of Page
Facilitation Techniques That Encourage Participation, Learning and Retention
- Ice breakers that loosen up your audience and put them
in the mood to learn
- Interactive methods and how to use them, including
small group activities, dozens of games, role playing, case studies, panel
discussions and more
- The secret to making learning activities meaningful to
- Facilitation tips for maintaining full control of the
session during activities
- Do they really understand the material? Questioning and
feedback techniques that will clue you
- Developing group cohesion and camaraderie to intensify
- Closing techniques proven to boost retention of
With Difficult Participants and Difficult Training Situations
- Expert strategies for turning around resistant or
- Techniques for quickly and effectively shutting down
snipers, gripers and hecklers
- How to deal with a know-it-all
- Tips for handling participants who chat with neighbors
- When you’ve lost control of the session – 3 proven ways
to regain it
- Getting the buy-in and support of management (the most
difficult “participant” may not be in your classroom)
Design: How to Develop Compelling Programs
- Recognizing why training fails to produce the desired
results – and what you must do on the front-end to ensure a positive
- How to’s for setting clear, specific learning
- 10 keys to creative course design that ensures transfer
- Easy-to-use training formats you can adapt to meet your
- Tips for creating content-rich programs on short notice
- Time-saving shortcuts for researching and finding great
- Developing job aids to transfer learning to the job
- Measuring training effectiveness: Pros and cons of
commonly used evaluation tools
Top of Page
Class Time: Check-in: 8:30 AM Class 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Satisfaction Is GUARANTEED!
At National Seminars, our #1 goal is to give you the tools you
need to succeed. That's why every seminar, conference and training resource we
offer is 100% guaranteed. Every time.