The Do's and Don'ts of Discovery and Trial Practice Civil Court Judges Want You to Know
This insightful discussion will guide your litigation efforts by putting you face to face with the judges to see trial practice from their perspective. Take advantage of a unique opportunity to ask the decision makers crucial questions on best discovery and trial practices. Gain practical advice for likely scenarios, uncover specific judges' opinions and preferences, and prevent common mistakes. Find out what judges think attorneys need to keep in mind in this candid discussion – register today!
- Get the latest updates on the changes in evidentiary laws and find out what red flags to look out for.
- Learn how to best use motions in limine to isolate information harmful to your client's case.
- Follow proper discovery procedures to the letter to ensure thorough and admissible evidence supports your case.
- Identify the most common voir dire errors that judges hope you'll avoid.
- Don't antagonize the court with unnecessary and untimely objections – learn to use them when it matters most.
- Make sure not to miss any elements of trial presentation that matter to judges when they make decisions about your cases.
- Discover what trial tactics can lay the groundwork for a successful appeal.
8:45 - 12:00
Panel Members: Honorable Robert Dahlquist, Honorable Charles R. Hayes and Honorable Judith F. Hayes. Moderator - Brian Burchett.
- Recent Developments in California Evidentiary Laws
- Discovery Motion
- Effective Use of Motions in Limine on Evidentiary Issues
- Handling Voir Dire
- Most Common Evidentiary Issues
- Getting Your Evidence Admitted at Trial
- Opening Statement and Closing
- Making and Handling Motions and Objections at Trial
- Preserving the Record for Appeal
- Post Trial Relief/Issues