Confidently Handle No-Fault Challenges
Are you up-to-date on no-fault law and procedures specific to this area? Do you have a firm grasp of the nuances that are typically in play during no-fault cases? Whether you're looking for a legal update or valuable practice tips, join us at this must-attend seminar as our experienced faculty examine the complexities of no-fault coverage and explore best practices in handling these claims. Register today!
- Effectively serve your clients by understanding the intricacies of the no-fault system, including coverage, exclusions and thresholds.
- Confidently handle all aspects of a no-fault claim – from dealing with the adjuster to properly recording all reimbursable expenses.
- Explore the wide range of options for successfully challenging the no-fault denial of benefits.
- Recognize the benefits and drawbacks to litigation to choose the best course of action for your client.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of practice with recent no-fault developments and case law.
- Identify and avoid conflicts of interest to maintain high ethical standards.
- Discover what “assignment of benefits” really means to the claimant and provider.
- Understanding Florida's No-Fault System
9:00 - 10:00, Christopher N. Shakib
- Background and Development
- Handling a No-Fault Claim
10:15 - 11:15, Kathleen A. Sesco
- Conducting an EUO
- Conducting an Effective IME/Peer Review
- Issuing a Timely Denial
- Dealing with the No-Fault Adjuster
- Proper Record Keeping for All Reimbursable Expenses
- Dealing with Fraudulent Claims
- Handling a No-Fault Lawsuit
12:15 - 2:15, Dennis P. Dore and Christopher N. Shakib
- Benefits and Drawbacks to Litigation
- Trial/Mandatory Arbitration
- No-Fault Case Law Update and Recent Developments
2:30 - 3:30, All Speakers
- Ethical Considerations
3:30 - 4:30, Dennis P. Dore
- Rules of Professional Conduct
- Conflicts of Interest
- Attorneys' Fees