Focus Your Efforts on Techniques That Work
This engaging course will take you to the basics of estate planning and beyond with old and new techniques that our attendees have voted to be the most effective in their practice. Find out what makes these 9 estate planning tools “superstars” and gain practical tips for maximizing their uses. Enroll today!
- A simple will remains one of the most effective tools in estate planning – learn how to phrase it to maximize its effectiveness.
- Gain practical tips for drafting legally defensible transaction agreements to make sure the gifts are properly documented.
- Help your client transfer a business to beneficiaries without diminishing its value or surrendering too much control.
- Protect yourself with thorough knowledge of laws and regulations governing the actions of fiduciaries.
- Learn why it's important to know when to file the tax return for grantor trusts.
- Don't reinvent the wheel – modify our sample trust documents to create airtight qualified personal residence trusts.
- Maximize your asset protection: learn how to make sure all your clients' assets are accounted for in the trust documents.
- Create clear final instructions and last wishes to lift the burden of funeral planning from heirs.
- Use spendthrift language in ILITs to limit the ability of beneficiaries to assign interest and creditors to make demands on the trustees to pay the debts of beneficiaries.
ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES
9:00 - 9:30, Written by Easa R. Mousa. Presented by Colleen M. Duris in Gainesville and Easa R. Mousa in Jacksonville.
- Appointing the Right Health Care Proxy
- What to Include in a Living Will
- HIPAA Release Authorization
- Burial and Funeral Designations
9:30 - 10:15, Written by Colleen M. Duris. Presented by Colleen M. Duris in Gainesville and Easa R. Mousa in Jacksonville.
- Checklist for Gathering Client Information
- Must-Have Provisions – Drafting Do's and Don'ts
- Building Flexibility Into the Plan – Checklist of Special Provisions
- Methods of Designating Fiduciaries
- Keeping the Clients Current on Their Wills
- Educating Your Clients on the Harm of Writing Someone Out of the Will
- Practical Pointers and Sample Will Review
DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY
10:30 - 11:15, Written by Easa R. Mousa. Presented by Colleen M. Duris in Gainesville and Easa R. Mousa in Jacksonville.
ANNUAL EXCLUSION GIFTING
11:15 - 12:00, Written by Stacey Prince. Presented by Stacey Prince in Gainesville and Raymond E. Makowski in Jacksonville.
- Determining Recipients of the Gifts
- Choosing the Most Highly Appreciated Assets for Annual Gifting
- Minimizing Gift and GST Taxes
- Reporting to the IRS
- Maximizing Annual Exclusion and Lifetime Exemption Gifting
- Gifting Techniques
1:00 - 1:45, Written by Kristopher D. Robinson. Presented by Stacey Prince in Gainesville and Kristopher D. Robinson in Jacksonville.
- Overview of the Wealth Transfer Charitable Tax Deduction
- Helping the Client Choose a Qualified Charity
- Requesting Donation Confirmation Documents From Charity
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Generation-Skipping Planning
- Charitable Giving and the Zero Estate Tax Plan
IRREVOCABLE LIFE INSURANCE TRUSTS
1:45 - 2:30, Written by Stacey Prince. Presented by Stacey Prince in Gainesville and Raymond E. Makowski in Jacksonville.
- Single Life and Second to Die Trusts
- Hanging and Flexible Crummey Powers
- GST Planning and Allocation of GST to Gifts
- Spousal Access and Wrap Trusts
QUALIFIED PERSONAL RESIDENCE TRUSTS
2:45 - 3:15, Written by Gordon O. Jesperson. Presented by Gordon O. Jesperson in Gainesville and Raymond E. Makowski in Jacksonville.
3:15 - 4:00, Written by Gordon O. Jesperson. Presented by Gordon O. Jesperson in Gainesville and Kristopher D. Robinson in Jacksonville.
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Corporations
- Other Types of Entities
GRANTOR RETAINED ANNUITY TRUSTS
4:00 - 4:30, Written by Kristopher D. Robinson. Presented by Gordon O. Jesperson in Gainesville and Kristopher D. Robinson in Jacksonville.