Assertive Communication - Essential Skills for Successful Women
“I’m just not the assertive type. It’s just the way I am.” This tired excuse is
just a tired excuse. Your personality is not to blame for your inability to get
the respect you deserve. Women notoriously put the needs of others ahead of
their own needs … often to the point of being taken for granted and being
Assertiveness is having the self-confidence to be yourself.
Assertiveness training for women is about valuing others and treating them
fairly, hearing their opinions and sharing your own. Today’s dynamic business
world presents immense opportunities, IF you know how to take advantage of them.
Assertiveness essentials give you the foundation to calm down, stand up, and
Discover practical techniques that work for you and your unique situation.
This is not a “one size fits all” workshop. It’s an information extravaganza! In
just one day, you’ll be armed with specific tips, tricks, and techniques. You’ll
be able to incorporate this training easily into the rest of your life. This
workshop will help you do just that.
Don’t you deserve to get the results you want out of your career and personal
life? You’re a role model, not just at work but at home. People who have
mastered the skill of assertiveness are able to greatly reduce the level of
interpersonal conflict in their lives, thereby reducing a major source of
stress. This program will help you enjoy life more. You’ll learn how to deal
with conflict and difficult people … whether they’re coworkers, supervisors,
family, or friends.
A unique approach you can trust … developed for women by women.
Put your fears of criticism and rejection aside … or better yet, bring them and
share them in the workshop. There’s nothing we can’t tackle together. Ask your
questions. Hundreds of women just like you are a testimony to our success.
Make this bold step today ... it’s just the first of many to come.
Still unsure? Can’t decide? That’s usually a strong indication of how much you
need this incredible workshop. It’s true – when you leave, you won’t be the same
woman who signed up. You’ll be on the road to greater confidence, less stress,
and more honesty. All you have to lose is insecurity.
What You'll Learn:
The REWARDS of attending this revolutionary one-day workshop are endless! You’ll
learn to …
- Rethink outdated stereotypes about how women “should” be to get what they
- Redefine conflict as opportunity, rather than agony
- Rebuild your confidence and credibility at work and at home
- Restore your ability to communicate with clarity and composure
- Reward yourself, your coworkers, your family and friends when you become
the confident, decisive woman you were meant to be
Who Should Attend?
Not sure if you really need this program? Find out here!
Review these scenarios from the lives of real women. Put a check mark by the
ones you recognize and relate to.
- You’ve left a meeting silently fuming that you didn’t speak up
- After a confrontation with a pushy and overbearing colleague, you come up
with the “perfect” response … too late
- You knew you were right, but you backed down under pressure
- Instead of expressing yourself calmly and rationally, you burst into
- A colleague takes credit for your great idea … and frustrated, you let it
- You’ve let resentment build and you’ve just blown up … often at the wrong
- You work in a male-dominated environment, and your voice is often lost in
- Saying yes to extra time-consuming requests is a habit you can’t break …
“no” just isn’t in your vocabulary
- You’ve accepted unfair criticism without a word
- You’re afraid to speak up because someone might disagree or your idea
might be rejected
- You avoid confrontation at all costs
- You feel powerless, like your opinions don’t really matter
If even one or two situations seem familiar, you’ll benefit from the real-world
assertiveness techniques featured in this groundbreaking program.
This isn’t “fast food” advice or “bumper sticker” motivation. You get practical,
well-researched techniques to help you become more confident for good, not just
for one or two days. You won’t be asked to remake yourself … just rediscover the
person you were meant to be. Don’t wait! Sign up today!
Laying the Groundwork for Becoming an Assertive Communicator
- Hear why more than ever, assertiveness is vital in today’s diverse and
dynamic workplace, especially for women
- What’s your communication style? Build on your strengths and pinpoint your
- Don’t let them scare you … learn the vital differences between how men and
- Explore your personal pattern of communication behavior: In what
situations are you likely to be assertive? passive? aggressive?
- Recognize communication habits that are self-sabotaging and hold women
- Stop confusing assertiveness with aggressiveness … overcome your
Understanding the Essentials to Assertiveness
- Assertive, passive, aggressive: How to distinguish among them
- Persuasion guidelines ... make your point and get support and buy-in
- How to speak your mind or ask for what you want without seeming pushy
- The importance of “I” statements
- Giving the three-line assertion message
- Techniques for assertive communication: Broken record, fogging, workable
compromise, and more!
Polishing Your Unspoken Message: Body Language and Active Listening
- Characteristics of assertive body language and how to use them to your
- Stop sabotaging what you say with inappropriate body language
- How to appear poised and confident even when you’re not
- “Listen” for nonverbal messages to hear what people are really saying
- The basics of active and reflective listening and how they will make you
- How listening can help you tailor a more effective response
Dealing With Difficult Situations, Difficult People, and Conflict
- Tips for saying “no” or refusing a request without feeling guilty
- How to respond to passive or aggressive communication with diplomacy and
tact in order to get the results you need
- Recognize when people are trying to manipulate you and know effective
tactics you can use to stop them
- How to survive – even thrive – in a predominantly male environment
- Face confrontation head-on and communicate professionally
- Effective responses for disarming disagreeable people, bullies, tantrum
throwers, and whiners
- Mars and Venus in conflict: How each gender handles conflict differently –
and how to use it to your advantage
- Tips for remaining calm and in control when on the verge of tears or a
Communicating Assertively to Persuade and Negotiate
- Say it with style: A concise, step-by-step method of persuasion
- Tips for presenting your point of view in a way that will generate respect
- The importance of working toward a win-win agreement instead of a win-lose
- Negotiation strategies the pros rely on for success
- Understanding your options when they just won’t see things your way
Excelling in Meetings and in Front of Groups
- Making a dynamic impression that builds your credibility
- How to get a word in edgewise when everyone else is talking fast and loud
- What to do when someone interrupts you
- 5 tips for communicating like a pro in meetings
- Keys to making impromptu comments and answering difficult questions
- How to get your foot out of your mouth when you’ve made a statement you
Seminar Check-In 8:30 AM Seminar Class 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM