Fundamentals of Forecasting - Financial Seminar/Training Class
Get the basic skills you need to accurately
predict revenues and costs.
Forecasting is critical to the functioning and
success of every business, from small companies to giant corporations. In this
hands-on seminar, you’ll discover the basics you need to assemble data and build
forecasts that help power the operations, finance, production and planning
functions in your organization.
You’ll master the foundational vocabulary and skills to create forecasts on your
own and learn to translate and appraise the forecasts of others. In addition,
you’ll understand how to interpret the meaning of any forecast, whether it’s
your own company’s or that of the competition. Whether you’re new to forecasting
or simply in need of a briskly-paced refresher, this seminar will help you see
into—and plan—your company’s future!
- Gather the basic facts necessary to start
building a forecast
- Limitations—what forecasts can and cannot do
- Choose the proper forecasting technique given
available data and forecast goals
- Critique and interpret forecasts and their
- Utilize powerful MS Excel® tools—with uses
transferable to other disciplines
- Master and use regression tools to make better
- Use Excel® tools to present forecast data to
- Introduction to business forecasting
- Basic statistical techniques
- Forecasting techniques and methods
- Getting started: making underlying assumptions
- Identifying data patterns: exploratory
- Time series and their components
- The use of Excel® as your forecasting tool
- Forecasting performance measurements
- Simple and multivariate linear regression
- Summarizing and displaying data in Excel®
- New directions in financial forecasting
Any financial professional who needs to create,
maintain and improve the forecasting process at his or her company, as well as
professionals in any function who must interpret, analyze and make decisions
based on forecasts created by others.
Please bring a laptop equipped with Excel
2010 to this seminar.
22.6 CCM /1.8 CEU /21 CPE
This is a Federal Government approved course.
Submit request to customerservice at findaseminar.com for GSA cost.
Training Class Time:
Training Seminar Check-In: 8:30 AM Training Seminar Class - 9:00
AM-5:00 PM (last day ends at 4:30 PM)