I-9 & Immigration Law Compliance 2011
1-Hour CareerTrack Webinar
Organizations across the country are suffering
the consequences of innocent mistakes made with regard to employment
verification and other immigration laws. Are you confident that your
organization is in full compliance with federal immigration laws, or do you risk
being assessed costly fines — or worse — for potential violations?
Immigration law is one of the most pertinent and publicized issues in the United
States right now. Businesses across all industries and of all sizes are being
affected. More than ever before, the courts are penalizing organizations like
yours — and people like you — for failing to comply with complex and
ever-changing immigration regulations.
It can be difficult to keep up with all of the most current information
concerning immigration regulations, including the most recent employment
verification rules and I-9 form changes. But violating federal law and risking
huge repercussions for yourself and your organization is not an option. In this
informative one-hour program, you'll get the information you need to ensure your
organization is correctly filling out the I-9 form correctly for each employee,
collecting proper documentation, and complying with recordkeeping best
Can you confidently answer the following questions?
- Who is required to fill out an I-9?
- How can you properly correct erroneous or
missing data on an I-9?
- What is the timeframe in which forms must be
- Can you ask an employee for his/her social
- What mistakes are often made that violate the
I-9's anti-discrimination provision?
- Is photocopying an employee's verification
- Are employers allowed to help a new hire fill
out Section 1 of the I-9?
- What steps should be taken if an employee
cannot present adequate I-9 documentation?
- What is the e-Verify program and should I be
If you are unsure of even a single answer to these questions, you are
putting your organization at risk every day. Enroll today for this Webinar and gain essential information about today's ever-changing federal
immigration laws and the issues on which you need to focus to ensure legal
compliance. Find out how these laws impact the way you do business, and
develop a system that helps you stay out of legal trouble.
Who will benefit?
HR professionals, managers and supervisors, small business owners, and anyone
who is responsible for hiring and ensuring employment verification compliance
within your organization will benefit from the information provided in this
With the information provided in this power-packed training, you will learn:
- Why it's critical to undertake an internal audit of your I-9 records now!
- The penalties for I-9 forms that are missing signatures, dates, or box
- How to properly correct I-9 form errors
- Mandatory time frames for completing each section of the I-9
- When a new hire must provide you with his/her social security number
- Tips for properly verifying employee eligibility through documentation
- Options for re-verifying information or updating re-hire information in
- Which documents are required by the new I-9 for verifying identity and
- Strategies that will help you avoid becoming personally liable for signing
- Up-to-date information on the e-Verify program
- BONUS: Fill-in-the-blank forms that will help you reduce and avoid
Don't spend another day worrying that you and your organization might end
up in legal trouble from immigration law violations. The crucial information
provided in this one-hour Webinar will give you the knowledge and
know-how needed to ensure your documentation is filled out appropriately, your
records are kept correctly, and your organization is legally compliant. Register
today for training you — and your organization — can't afford to miss!
Webinar Start Time: 1-Hour CareerTrack Webinar
2 pm Eastern
1 pm Central
12 pm Mountain
11 am Pacific
10 am Alaskan
9 am Hawaiian
Webinar and CD (Save $150!) - US $248
Webinar Only - US $199
Webinar CD Only - US $199
Immediately following the Webinar, the
phone line will be opened up to conference participants who wish to submit
questions to our speaker, time permitting.