How to Avoid the Most Common Mistakes New Managers
Make Audio Conference
1-Hour CareerTrack Audio Conference
Taking on a managerial role is no easy task. Not only are you
responsible for keeping your projects on time and yourself motivated, but you
must see to it that your department works well with others, your team is on
target and on task, and your employees remain upbeat and focused. You must
learn when and how to lead, delegate, motivate, and communicate. Are you
confident that you have the skills necessary to succeed as a new manager?
You did a great job in your previous position, and you've earned your
supervisory role. However, the skills that made you a great employee will not
necessarily make you a great manager. You are now held accountable not only
for your work, but for the work of your team. You must control costs, maintain
a positive and productive team environment, and ensure upper management is
satisfied. Clearly, you have your work cut out for you.
With this training, you can make your move into management smoother and
In just one hour of insightful training, you'll learn how to truly lead in
your managerial role while avoiding the most common pitfalls new and untrained
supervisors face. From having a clear understanding of your new role to
gaining buy-in from your new staff, we'll provide you with the strategies and
techniques that will help you get real results, while minimizing stress and
As you transition into your new role, do you have a firm grip on the tasks
at hand … and the arsenal of skills needed to lead your team, maintain your
sanity, and prove yourself to your manager? Or are you worried you are:
- Focusing too little energy on your boss?
- Confusing the urgent with the important?
- Failing to get a clear understanding of your new role and
- Assigning tasks instead of delegating work?
- Choosing inappropriate leadership styles for different situations?
- Missing opportunities to control the hidden aspects of communication?
- Seeing yourself as "the boss" rather than a coach, counselor, and leader?
- Ignoring the underlying problems your team faces?
- Forgetting to focus on the task of growing the skill sets of your people —
If you find yourself struggling with any of these situations, you need to
attend this program and get the training you need to achieve management success.
You can take charge of your job, develop your employees, discover the tools
necessary to build confidence and competence, and achieve real results fast!
In just one hour of high-quality, effective training with our expert, you
- The importance of recognizing how to manage tasks while leading people
- Why understanding your boss's communication style is as important as
understanding your own
- The four quadrants of effectiveness and how they can help you organize
- Techniques for assessing your employees, including their strengths and
weaknesses, behavioral styles, and likes and dislikes
- The four stages of team development and how you can adapt your leadership
style to each
- How to recognize opportunities to communicate effectively — and listen
- Ways to eliminate barriers that stand in your way of managing more
- Tips for dealing with the elephant in the room — even if that elephant is
- Solutions for increasing motivators and decreasing demotivators in order
to expand your team's skills effectively
- The value of personal development and the dangers of inadequate stress
Who will benefit?
Managers and supervisors who have recently been promoted, those taking on new
responsibilities, those with little or no formal training — even seasoned
professionals needing a refresher — will benefit from the ideas, techniques, and
tools offered in this powerful program!
Don't spend another day battling the responsibilities of your management
position. If you want to start producing positive results right away and avoid
the missteps that sabotage many new supervisors, enroll today! This powerful and
informative 1-hour audio conference will provide you with the tools necessary to
establish credibility, gain respect, and get employees on board in your new
Audio Conference Start Time:
1-Hour CareerTrack Audio
2 pm Eastern
1 pm Central
12 pm Mountain
11 am Pacific
10 am Alaskan
9 am Hawaiian
Conference and CD (Save $150!) - US $248
Conference Only - US $199
Conference CD Only - US $199
Immediately following the Audio Conference, the
phone line will be opened up to conference participants who wish to submit
questions to our speaker, time permitting.