Foreclosures, Workouts and Collateral Protection in Louisiana Seminar
Skillfully Handle Troubled Real Estate Loans
When foreclosure is looming, you not only need to understand all your client's options, you also need practical techniques for protecting your client's interests. Get the tools you need at this essential seminar. We'll begin with a detailed walk-through of the various loan workout options and the foreclosure process. Then our experienced faculty will take an in-depth look at how to handle issues commonly encountered when working with troubled assets. Take your skills to the next level. Register today!
- Know the nuts and bolts of the foreclosure process, including its requirements and procedural pitfalls.
- Learn how to adeptly use the various workout tools and loan modification options at your disposal to avoid foreclosure.
- Maintain an ethical practice by avoiding conflicts of interest and multiple representation issues.
- Learn proven eviction and ejectment techniques to secure property as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the post-foreclosure liability for property preservation, taxes, code violations and other ownership responsibilities.
- Discover documentation and evidence issues that can become obstacles to the foreclosure process.
The Foreclosure Process in Louisiana
9:00 - 10:00, Brad J. Axelrod, Jay M. O'Brien and E. Stewart Spielman
- Foreclosure Options for Real Estate-Executory v. Ordinary
- Sequestration and other Keeper Considerations
- UCC Remedies for Movables
- Dealing with Third Party Bidders
- Developing a Deficiency Strategy
Workouts - The Various Tools in the Toolbox for Working Out Troubled Real Estate Loans
10:15 - 11:15, Brad J. Axelrod, Jay M. O'Brien and E. Stewart Spielman
- Pre-Negotiation Considerations
- Typical Forbearance and Recapitalization Terms
- “Dation En Paiement”/Deed in Lieu
- Loan Modifications
- Discounted Payoffs
Obstacles to the Foreclosure Process
11:15 - 12:15, Brad J. Axelrod, Jay M. O'Brien and E. Stewart Spielman
- Documentation Issues
- Authentic Evidence Issues
- Procedural Defenses
- Environmental Considerations
- Title Deficiencies
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
Protecting Your Collateral in Bankruptcy
1:15 - 2:15, Brad J. Axelrod, Jay M. O'Brien and E. Stewart Spielman
- Adequate Protection
- Lifting the Automatic Stay
- Preserving Cash Collateral
- Objecting to Discharge and Dischargeability
2:30 - 3:30, Brad J. Axelrod, Jay M. O'Brien and E. Stewart Spielman
- Conflicts of Interest
- Multiple Representation Issues
- Due Diligence and Duty to Disclose
- Attorneys' Fees
- Keeper's Fees and Expenses
3:30 - 4:30, Brad J. Axelrod, Jay M. O'Brien and E. Stewart Spielman
- Eviction and Ejectment
- Eviction Procedures and Issues
- Ejectment Procedures and Issues
- Liability for Code Violations, Taxes, Homeowner Dues, Etc.
- Property Preservation Problems