Civility In The Workplace - Human Resources Management Seminar
While a training program on workplace manners and courtesy may seem like overkill, the reality is: rudeness is an epidemic costing industry millions a year. Indeed, what society seems to be gaining in terms of both knowledge and technological advancement, it’s losing out on basic social values that directly impact the bottom line. Bosses freely intrude on subordinates’ personal space, gossiping co-workers are norm, and quality customer care has been forgotten. The result: an environment not conducive to getting work done, dissatisfied clients aiming for the competition, and in some cases, blatant tolerance for abuse and harassment.
To address the growing problem of incivility in the work setting, this workshop introduces the concept of civility, its importance to a company, as well as its typical causes and effects. Skills needed to effectively practice civil behavior, as well as different ways organizations can systematize civility in the workplace will also be discussed.
What you’ll learn in our workshop:
• What is Uncivil Behavior and the Three Reasons Why You Should be Civil
• Dealing with Difficult Personalities
• Effective Work Etiquette
• Being Politically Correct
• Incivility and the Costs
• Civility and the Rewards
• Conflict Resolution through Collaborating, Competing, Compromising, Accommodating and Avoiding
• Examining the Root Cause and the benefits of resolution
• Para-verbal and Non-Verbal Communication
• Negotiation and the Three Sides to Incivility
• Mediation verse Arbitration
• Identifying Your Needs by completing a Needs
• Writing a Civility Policy and Defining What is
Unacceptable Behavior with Consequences
• Implementing the Policy
• Wrapping Up
- You will receive a copy of the course workbook , a summary quick reference sheet, as well as a certificate of course completion
- Dress Policy: Business Casual
- Snacks and Beverage (Morning & Afternoon) are provided. Lunch is not
Our trainers are experienced training professionals, and uniquely qualified to help you build your skills and expertise to deliver real world solutions to your real world business challenges because they have been Training Managers, Supervisors, Managers, Executives and Plant Managers who have successfully lead large facilities. They have faced the challenges you are, and can help give you the real solutions you need to your real opportunities.
Questions after the training:
If you have questions or need further help specific to the training you received, we encourage you to email us your question, and our team will review and give you personal feedback and help you work through whatever opportunity you are facing.
Seminar start times:
- 8:30 a.m.
Seminar Check In
a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Seminar Workshop Time
Copyright© 2011. SG Leadership Group Inc. All rights reserved.