Effective Meetings - Planning Seminar
You are on your first project and you have to organize and manage the project kick-off meeting. What do you do first? Do you create the agenda or the invitation list? How do you run a meeting? What preparation do you need? All of these are valid and real questions you, as the meeting manager, must address. There is no doubt about it. Meetings require skill and technique in order for the meeting to achieve its purpose. Disorganized and poorly managed meetings waste time and hurt your credibility as a meeting manager. Consistently leaving a poor impression with the attendees will haunt you if left unchecked.
This training course is designed to give you the basic tools you need to initiate and manage your meetings. You will learn planning and leading techniques that will give you the confidence to run a meeting that will engage your attendees and leave a positive and lasting impression.
This is a hands-on workshop and your participation will help make it a valuable experience. Use this time to begin the process of developing your skills along with other participants who share the same desire to improve their meeting management skills.
What you’ll learn in our workshop:
• How to start at the beginning with proper Planning
• Gathering what’s needed, and making all the
• How to set up the Meeting Space for optimal
• Review your possible Electronic Options
• Effective Meeting Roles and Responsibilities and
how to assign them
• Chairing a Meeting and getting it off on the right
foot. A quality meeting starts and ends on time
• Keeping the meeting on track and holding
• How to deal with Disruptions
• How to deal with personality conflicts
• How to taking Minutes and what is key to document
• Making the Most of Your Meeting by keeping it on
track from start to finish
• Ending your meeting and how to track required
follow up actions
• Wrap up
- You will receive a copy of the course workbook , a summary quick reference sheet, as well as a certificate of course completion
- Dress Policy: Business Casual
- Snacks and Beverage (Morning & Afternoon) are provided. Lunch is not
Our trainers are experienced training professionals, and uniquely qualified to help you build your skills and expertise to deliver real world solutions to your real world business challenges because they have been Training Managers, Supervisors, Managers, Executives and Plant Managers who have successfully lead large facilities. They have faced the challenges you are, and can help give you the real solutions you need to your real opportunities.
Questions after the training:
If you have questions or need further help specific to the training you received, we encourage you to email us your question, and our team will review and give you personal feedback and help you work through whatever opportunity you are facing.
Seminar start times:
- 8:30 a.m.
Seminar Check In
a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Seminar Workshop Time
Copyright© 2011. SG Leadership Group Inc. All rights reserved.