Introduction to Lean Process and Six Sigma Production and Quality Control Seminar
During the last couple of decades small, mid-sized and Fortune 500 companies have embraced Six Sigma to generate more profit and greater savings. So what is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a data-driven approach for eliminating defects and waste in any business process. You can compare Six Sigma with turning your water faucet and experiencing the flow of clean, clear water. Reliable systems are in place to purify, treat, and pressure the water through the faucet. That is what Six Sigma does to business: it treats the processes in business so that they deliver their intended result.
What is "Sigma"? The word is a statistical term that measures how far a given process deviates from perfection. Sigma is a way to measure quality and performance. The central idea behind Six Sigma is that if you can measure how many "defects" you have in a process, you can systematically figure out how to eliminate them and get as close to "zero defects" as possible. This workshop will give participants an overview of the Six Sigma methodology, and some of the tools required to deploy Six Sigma in their own organizations.
What you’ll learn in our workshop:
• Understanding and learning the history of Lean and 6 Sigma
• What is the Liker's™ Toyota Way
• The TPS House
• The Five Principles of Lean Business
• The First Improvement Concept (Value)
• The Second Improvement Concept (Waste)
• The Third Improvement Concept (Variation)
• The Fourth Improvement Concept (Complexity)
• The Fifth Improvement Concept (Continuous
• The Improvement Toolkit
• Wrapping Up
- You will receive a copy of the course workbook , a summary quick reference sheet, as well as a certificate of course completion
- Dress Policy: Business Casual
- Snacks and Beverage (Morning & Afternoon) are provided. Lunch is not
Our trainers are experienced training professionals, and uniquely qualified to help you build your skills and expertise to deliver real world solutions to your real world business challenges because they have been Training Managers, Supervisors, Managers, Executives and Plant Managers who have successfully lead large facilities. They have faced the challenges you are, and can help give you the real solutions you need to your real opportunities.
Questions after the training:
If you have questions or need further help specific to the training you received, we encourage you to email us your question, and our team will review and give you personal feedback and help you work through whatever opportunity you are facing.
Seminar start times:
- 8:30 a.m.
Seminar Check In
a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Seminar Workshop Time
Copyright© 2011. SG Leadership Group Inc. All rights reserved.