Ethical Challenges for Attorneys in Nebraska
Your Practical Ethical Compliance Guide
Real-life legal practice doesn’t fit neatly into the bounds of legal ethics that we all learned in law school. There are always questions and pitfalls that you’ll need to figure out to make certain you’re in compliance today. This course compiles the toughest current challenges attorneys face in protecting their professional reputations. Our experienced attorney faculty will help you get the tools you need to do the right thing without fear of disciplinary action or litigation. Enroll today!
- Clarify allowable and prohibited conduct in social media.
- Discover and avoid hidden conflicts of interest.
- Find out how to properly handle case delays.
- Forestall allegations of client fee trust mismanagement with our best practices guide.
- Protect client confidentiality in online communications and in data storage.
- Get real-life advice for handling ethical complaints.
How to Avoid Ethical Issues Before They Become Your Problem
8:45 - 9:45 and 1:00 - 2:00, Mary L. Wilson
- Identifying and Resolving Conflicts of Interest
- Current Issues Concerning Attorney Fees and Client Trust Accounts
- Duty of Competency When Diversifying Your Practice
- Case Delays and Insufficient Client Communications
What To Do When Faced With An Ethical Complaint
10:00 - 11:00 and 2:15 - 3:15, Michael A. Nelsen
Averting Potential Ethical Problems in the Use of Technology
11:00 - 12:00 and 3:15 - 4:15, Kathleen A. Lambert
- Current and Upcoming Online Privacy Laws and Their Effect on Legal Practice
- Using the Metadata Opposing Side Accidentally Shared Through Electronic Communication
- Pitfalls of Interactive Websites: When Does the Attorney-Client Relationship Begin?
- Separating Personal and Professional Identity Online