Getting Results Without Direct Authority
- Communication / Results Training Seminar
When you build strong influence and persuasion
skills, you’ll be able to get others’ support and cooperation. It’s just that
simple ... but it’s not that easy! That’s why you need this training!
You Don’t Have to Be in Charge to Get Great Results From Others!
You know how hard it can be to get things done when you have to depend on
others. People have competing interests and different priorities, and don’t
always give you the cooperation you need. You can twist arms or go running to
the boss, but those aren’t really good solutions. Instead, you need to find a
way to build relationships. But how do you do that?
You need to communicate with tact and finesse, walking that fine line between
confident assertiveness and nagging. You have to find a way to locate common
ground and create reciprocity — unfortunately, that’s easier said than done.
Even if you’re a “people person” and well-liked, you may be committing some of
the cardinal sins of persuasion and influence.
And that’s exactly why you can’t afford to miss this training! Guaranteed to
help you get things done with less stress and fewer headaches, this seminar will
make you feel right at home guiding projects in no time. There’s no better way
to learn the skills you need to get things done — GUARANTEED.
What are you waiting for? Sign up for Getting Results Without Direct Authority —
a world of better business relationships is waiting!!
Getting Results Without Direct Authority
The basics of influence and authority
- Authority vs. influence: what’s the
- Establishing or regaining credibility
- The importance of self-confidence and how to
fake it when you have to
- Your reputation: how it influences others
Building working relationships
- The importance of trust and how to build it
- Strategies for keeping lines of communication
- How to create a collaborative work environment
- Understanding the people you’re trying to
- 5 trust killers to avoid at all costs
Your personal influencing style
- 4 ways to influence others and the pros and
cons of each
- Finding your own leadership style
- Wielding your influence without burning
bridges or alienating others
- Adjusting your style to different
personalities and situations
- Avoiding being pushy — things you do that may
seem overly assertive
Communicating with tact & finesse: how to get
- Negotiation techniques that create mutually
- Favors — asking and paying them, and how they
can lead to results
- Speaking the language — talking to other
departments in language they understand
- Using credibility, logic, and emotion to
Getting tough: what to do when people aren’t
- Conflict resolution skills: finding a solution
everyone can live with
- Dealing with coworkers’ hidden agendas
- Choosing the appropriate response for each
- Recognizing when situations aren’t mutually
beneficial — what to do next
Seminar Check-In: 8:30AM Seminar
Program: 9:00Am - 4:00PM
Credits are issued by Rockhurst University
Continuing Education Center, Inc. according to the guidelines set forth by IACET.
Please note that Continuing Education Credit approval is at the discretion of
your licensing board; not all seminar topics are approved by all boards. Contact
your licensing board or agency for specific information relating to your
Additional information for
All program levels are basic and the delivery method is Group-Live. There are no
prerequisites or advance preparation required. Rockhurst University Continuing
Education Center, Inc. will offer continuing education credit that may be
recognized by the customer’s professional board. Credits are issued in
accordance to the guidelines set forth by NASBA. The recommended CPE awarded for
each program are 7, the appropriate measure of credit is fifty (50) minute
contact hours. Introductions, breaks, and viewing exhibits are not included in
the calculation of contact hours.
Satisfaction Is GUARANTEED!
At National Seminars Training, our #1 goal is to give you the tools you
need to succeed. That's why every seminar, conference and training resource we
offer is 100% guaranteed. Every time.