Alabama Criminal Defense Strategies
- Criminal Defense Training Seminar
Cutting Edge Defense Strategies for Overcoming Challenges You're Currently Facing
With all of the recent rule and legislation changes, developing case law, and current legal issues surfacing in criminal law, it's critical that you're fully up to speed and equipped with the latest defense strategies. This full-day, comprehensive program will provide you with the latest methods for overcoming forensic evidence challenges, hearsay issues and social media obstacles. You'll also gain cross examination strategies, new tactics for identifying illegal searches, cutting edge voir dire tips and much more. Learn from seasoned veterans on innovative defense strategies in criminal litigation. Register today!
- Get the latest legislation and rule changes affecting criminal law.
- Learn new methods on how to get illegally-seized evidence thrown out.
- Anticipate what the prosecutor might throw at your client during sentencing.
- Discover defense strategies for cross examining the prosecution's expert witness.
- Discover new tips for identifying investigation mistakes made by the prosecution.
- Find out the latest strategies for overcoming hearsay challenges.
- Gain cutting edge voir dire and jury selection tips.
- Use recent case law to prove illegal searches and gain tips for using Brady vs. Maryland as a sword.
- Get tips on how to get forensic expert testimony admitted into evidence.
- A Judge's Perspective: Recent Developments in Criminal Law
9:00 - 9:50, Hon. Carole Smitherman
- Legislation Update
- Rule Changes
- The Judges View on Current Trends (Healthcare Fraud, Nursing Home Abuse, Cyber Crimes, Securities Fraud, Doctor Shopping/Pill Mills, Etc.)
- Using Recent Case Law to Help Your Case
- Forensic Evidence and Court Mistakes
- DUI Update
- Trial Do's and Don'ts
- Investigation, Motions and Subpoenas
9:50 - 10:30, David McKnight
- Do's and Don'ts for Conducting the Initial Interview
- Witness Interviews: What to Do When They Will/Won't Talk?
- Rule 16 and Finding Out What the Government Thinks Happened
- Subpoenas: Risks and Rewards
- Motions to Win Cases
- Creative Uses of Evidence
10:45 - 11:30, David McKnight
- The Nuts and Bolts: Knowing the Ten Rules of Evidence that Matter (Most)
- Get Your Evidence in Front of the Jury During the Prosecution's Case
- Demonstrative Evidence on Little or No Money
- Confronting the Confrontation Clause (Crawford et al)
- Social Media Evidence: They Tweeted What?
- Tips From the Prosecutor for the Defense
12:30 - 1:15, J. Alan Baty
- Preliminary Hearing and Investigation
- Sentencing Preparation
- Expert Witness Criminal Defense Tips
1:30 - 2:45, Brett M. Bloomston
- Experts and Hearsay in the Courtroom
- Using Medical Examiners and Forensic Pathologists to Your Advantage
- Getting Forensic Expert Testimony Admitted Into Evidence
- State Interpretation of Williams v. Illinois
- Locating Prosecution Errors
2:45 - 3:30, Lara McCauley Alvis
- Using Recent Case Law to Prove Illegal Searches
- Warrant and Indictment Defects
- Using Brady vs. Maryland as a Sword
- Biased Witness Testimony
- Criminal Interviews and Interrogations: Illegal Tactics
- Identifying Investigation Mistakes - New Tips
- Improper Evidence
- Ethical Considerations for the Criminal Defense Attorney
3:30 - 4:30, Lara McCauley Alvis
- Conflicts of Interest in Criminal Cases
- Criminal Contempt of Court
- What to Do When Your Client Lies
- Ethics, Social Media and Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Communication Between Bench and Bar