Creative Leadership Skills for Today's
Manager, Supervisor, or Team Leader - Leadership / Management Training Seminar
Today's workplace is no place for uncreative
managers who cannot stay flexible and adapt to changes in business
Don’t let the word “creative” scare you off — creative leadership is the
MUST-HAVE skill every successful manager needs.
Managing and leading employees in today’s workplace has never been harder.
Barebones budgets force you to do more with less ... with employees who have
seen their benefits, bonuses, or salaries frozen, slashed, or even worse,
eliminated. So how can you justify coming to a “creative” leadership workshop?
Because creative leaders are:
• And most of all, successful!
Break free from the way you’ve always done it and become an innovative
Many managers equate creativity with being artistic. They are also the ones who
struggle daily to engage their employees ... have difficulties overcoming work
challenges ... and are stuck in their ways. But that’s not you. Join us for this
one-day workshop and gain the leadership skills that will stimulate your
thinking and ignite your passion, leading to an unquenchable can-do attitude
throughout your department — and eventually your entire organization.
One day of insightful fun can equal a lifetime of better days at work.
If you hesitated for even a second because things at work are too hectic for you
to take even one day off for this training, please stop reading and enroll in
this fun and fresh workshop right this second! There is virtually nothing
happening at your job that won’t be dramatically improved with the skills you
gain with us.
From leading totally disengaged workers to getting better results through
building positive and productive communication with that manager in another
department that NOBODY gets along with, you cannot afford to wait another moment
to add these skills to your professional tool kit.
Don’t put this training off until “a better time,” because your time is now.
Creative Leadership Skills for Today's Manager, Supervisor, or Team Leader
Pumping Up Your Creative Leadership Muscles
- It starts with YOU! The 10 Rules of Creative
- Understanding why the old management models
fall short with today’s workforce
- What do employees want and expect in a leader?
The answers may surprise you!
- When to break the management rules — and why
- How does your creativity measure up? An
eye-opening evaluation tool
- inding the creativity hidden inside you
Creative Communication Methods (No Yodeling
Allowed ... )
- Positive language that fosters a creative,
productive staff — and words that shouldn’t leave your lips
- What to say and how to say it: Step-by-step
instructions for giving effective feedback without deflating morale
- Praise in public; criticize in private —
understanding the importance of this management caveat
- Creating a “safe” environment for
brainstorming, brain-linking and generating ideas
- How to say “no” to an employee’s idea in a
Super-Charging a Positive, Innovative Work
Environment: Your Role as Leader
- How positive is your work environment? A quick
quiz that’s a real eye-opener
- Exude an aura of optimism every day — and
watch morale soar
- How do you establish a positive sense of
urgency and mission?
- Quick tips for making your workplace a
livelier, more fun place to be
- Strategies for keeping bureaucracy from
- When creativity goes bad: What to do when an
innovative plan turns into disaster
Creativity and Team-Building — The Dynamic Duo
- Breaking the ice: how to get your team to
relate and work well together
- Managing work horizontally and other best
practices that emphasize collaboration
- How to turn your staffers into thinkers ...
turn your thinkers into decision makers and problem solvers
- Appointing the Creativity Cheerleader on your
- Delegate, delegate, delegate: Guidelines for
empowering your team easing your load
Getting Unstuck: Finding Ways to Solve the
Unsolvable and Fix the Unfixable
- Using your creative skills to analyze problems
- Ways to find a new perspective and approach
problems from a different angle to find new solutions
- Strategies for simplifying your problem by
breaking it into smaller chunks
- Perseverance: how to stay on track, even when
it seems like you’re not getting anywhere
- Transforming your knowledge: taking what you
already know and adapting it to your current situation
Creative Problem Solving: Finding Better Ways
to Solve Recurring Problems
- Finding your way around the hurdles that keep
- Brainstorming: generating as many ideas as
possible to solve your problem
- Turning boring meetings into “ideafests”:
facilitation skills, icebreakers, storyboarding, and more
- Making the most of a shrinking budget without
- Laughing in the face of failure: responsible
Motivating Employees to Peak Achievement ...
and Rewarding Their Climb
- Infusing every job with a sense of purpose and
- Happy employees are productive employees: easy
ways to add laughter and humor to the job
- Power tools for attitude problems, negativity,
and chronic complainers
- Discovering and playing to your employees’
- Tips for recognizing and relieving a worker
headed for burnout
Our training seminars offer Continuing Education
Credits (based on contact hours) upon completion. Credits are issued by
Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center, Inc. according to the
guidelines set forth by IACET. Please note that Continuing Education Credit
approval is at the discretion of your licensing board; not all seminar topics
are approved by all boards. Contact your licensing board or agency for specific
information relating to your profession
SEMINAR TRAINING TIME:
Seminar Check-In 8:30 AM
Seminar Class 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM