DOL: 2015 Expected Regulatory Changes - FLSA Exemptions and more Webinar,/p>
Time: 11:30 AM PST | 02:30 PM EST
Duration: 60 Minutes
Instructor: Susan Fahey Desmond
Get information to comply with new Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) regulations and to prepare your company´s budget in accordance with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requirements. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) enforces a number of laws, including, the FLSA and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Additionally, an arm of the DOL, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance (OFCCP) is responsible for enforcing Executive Order 11246. In response to mandates from President Obama, the OFCCP has already issued regulations regarding minimum wage requirements for federal contractors and the new prohibition against discrimination against sexual orientation. The DOL plans an overhaul of existing regulations under the FLSA/FMLA that will substantially impact how you do business.
Why Should you Attend:
This webinar by expert speaker Susan F. Desmond will give you all the information needed to comply with the new OFCCP regulatory requirements and to prepare your company´s budget in anticipation of the redefining of ´who is exempt´ from FLSA´s requirements.
Objectives of the Presentation:
The objectives of the presentation are to talk about:
- New minimum wage requirements for government contractors
- New regulatory prohibitions against sexual orientation discrimination
- New rules regarding prohibiting employees from discussing salary information
- New rules regarding pregnancy accommodation from the OFCCP and EEOC
- Proposed changes to the definition of ´spouse´ under the FMLA
- What to expect with regard to the changes of definition of ´professional,´ ´administrative,´ and ´managerial,´ under the FLSA
- Other DOL initiatives for 2015