HIPAA Internal Audit Process and Policies: Your 1st Line of Defense Webinar
HIPAA requires that you are aware of your risk for non-compliance. This webinar will discuss what it takes for you /your organization to complete an internal audit to determine your risk for non-compliance and to identify policies that need to be added.
Areas covered in this session are:
- The structure and tools that will be needed to conduct an internal HIPAA audit
- It will guide you through the process for optimization of the internal audit
- You will be able to establish the team needed to complete the audit and then to determine what the next steps are
- What will you need to do to correct the issues found within the audit?
- What policies will you need to put in place to prevent the same issues from arising again in the future?
Why Should you Attend:
Without an audit process your organization is leaving itself open for risk exposure that is unnecessary and could potentially be costly. A lack of correct policies also put your organization at risk for fines and increased attention from oversight organizations. With the correct policies, your organization will be able to protect itself and the individual’s you provide services to. An internal audit process will allow you to identify areas of risk, develop a process to correct them and ensure that policies are in place.
Objectives of the Presentation:
The key learning objective of this presentation is: Your organization will learn to conduct internal audit for HIPAA compliance and create the policies required to ensure future compliance with HIPAA.