Cyber Security Best Practices for Broker Dealers Webinar
This webinar will discuss the top cybersecurity threats faced by broker-dealer firms today and provide guidance on best practices to protect themselves and their customers from the devastating effects of a cyber attack. The speaker will also share additional resources with participants to assist them in developing effective cybersecurity programs.
The following areas will be covered in the presentation:
- Overview of Cybersecurity Regulations for Broker-Dealers
- Cybersecurity Risks in the Securities Industry Today
- Cybersecurity Governance and Risk Management
- Conducting a Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
- Developing Written Information Security Policies (WISP’s)
- Cybersecurity Incident Response Planning.
Why Should you Attend:
Cybersecurity is one of FINRA’s leading broker dealer exam priorities given the ever-increasing frequency and sophistication of cyber attacks targeting financial institutions in the U.S. FINRA expects that broker-dealer firms will make cybersecurity a priority and that they will devote sufficient resources both to understanding the current and evolving cybersecurity threats and to implement steps necessary to mitigate the potential for these threats from occurring. In light of this and the devastating consequences of a Cyber attack, broker dealers should adopt best practices to evaluate and monitor their data security systems to ensure that they are current and effective and prepared to handle a cybersecurity incident.
Objectives of the Presentation:
This webinar is designed to help Broker-Dealer participants develop highly effective Cybersecurity Best Practices in order to:
- Understand cybersecurity risks faced by broker-dealers today
- Understand regulatory obligations of the broker-dealer related to cybersecurity risk
- Conduct an assessment of the broker-dealer’s cybersecurity risk
- Design and implement Written Information Securities Policies (WISPs)
- Develop and monitor cybersecurity control procedures
- Be prepared in the event of a cybersecurity incident