How to Prepare an Outstanding Capital Expenditure Proposal Webinar
Join us to learn about the latest and most accurate methods for performing capital expenditure (CAPEX) analyses. Learn how to establish your hurdle rate (minimum acceptable rate of return) for your CAPEX projects and which metric most fairly represents the true expected rate of return on your projects. Receive our standardized CAPEX model for use in performing future analyses.
Capital expenditures represent some of the most expensive decisions a business will ever make, including equipment, relocation, outsourcing, mergers and acquisitions. Building a business case that clearly outlines the purpose, costs, benefits, risks, and opportunities of the decision is critical to making a sound decision.
Why Should you Attend:
You want a new piece of equipment. A major competitor just went on the block and you wonder whether you should buy them. How do you decide? And what about the financing – should you lease the equipment or finance the purchase with debt or equity or some combination? One misstep and your career could be in jeopardy. All of these questions can be answered with standardized financial forecasting models.
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Identify your true cost of capital and how it relates to your minimum required rate of return (they are seldom equal)
- Understand how your current return on invested capital could affect the hurdle rate for your CAPEX decisions
- Learn to identify and quantify project specific risks
- Identify the best financial metrics for determining the viability of your projects using proven discounted cash flow techniques
- Use our checklists to help ensure you capture all elements for a complete and thorough analysis
- Learn how to organize the information and perform a thorough analysis
- Learn about the sensitivity tools available in MicrosoftTM ExcelTM to help you map variation and identify your key input assumptions
- Receive our standardized CAPEX model for use in performing future analyses