Time: 10:00 AM PST, 01:00 PM EST
Duration: 60 Minutes
Instructor: Toby Lawrence
This webinar will provide you with an overview of the Enterprise Risk Management approach to managing and evaluating operational risk. If you are a member of senior management, the Board of Directors, a member of an ER committee, or an internal auditor this webinar is for you!
Why Should you Attend
Both not-for-profit organizations and corporations are intended to create value for their stakeholders. Whether an entity is successful or not in creating and preserving value is dependent on the decisions made by management and the execution of the action items that come from those decisions. Because of scandals such as Bernie Madoff, Enron, and even Planned Parenthood along with the fallout from the recent economic crisis, Board of Directors and senior leaders regardless of the type or size of an organization are focusing on risk management.
It is essential that organizational leaders use an effective process to identify risk, be able to quantify it, develop mitigation strategies to cost effectively control it, and have adequate monitoring programs in place to ensure that the approved internal controls and mitigation strategies in place are both operating as intended and adequately designed.
Objectives of the Presentation:
The learning objectives of this webinar are to provide the attendees with an understanding of:
- Why ERM and operational risk management have become important
- Who should be on the ERM / operational risk committee and how to form
- Overview of the ERM / operational risk process including providing real life examples
- The role of internal audit in the process and how internal audit can add value to the process
- Other best practices in the ERM / operational risk management process