Introduction to Risk & Compliance Matrix for Internal Audit, SOX404, and Assurance
Key Take Away:
This webinar will help you to discover the objectives, components and requirements of effective internal controls and provide risk management and identification strategies for implementation.
The 21st century business organization requires active and engaged risk detection and risk identification activities. Today´s risk and compliance process is rather complex and dynamic, therefore it requires the governance, risk and compliance professional to possess certain skills in order to effectively complete their duties and responsibilities.
The days of using staid audit programs are over. Therefore, risk and compliance professionals must be able to evaluate each business process using a risk-based approach and to prepare risk and compliance documentation for each engagement.
Why Should You Attend:
Whether you are planning a SOX engagement, or an internal audit tool, regulatory compliance requirements, or other separate evaluations, just where do you start with planning for the engagement? How do you complete the necessary risk mitigation and control documentation that you will need to successfully complete the SOX compliance engagement? Attend this webinar to learn more.
Areas Covered In This Webinar:
• What information is needed to prepare the Risk Control Matrix?
• What accompanying documents are required in order to prepare the Risk and Controls Matrix?
o Process Narrative
o Process Flow Diagram
• What are the elements contained in a Risk and Controls Matrix?
• What is the process for preparing the Risk and Controls Matrix?
• What is the final outcome of a completed Risk and Controls Matrix?
• What happens next after you have completed the Risk and Controls Matrix?
• Leveraging internal control frameworks to create a risk and controls matrix
• Developing risk identification and management strategies to implement now
• Learning how to design internal controls
• Learning how to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
Who Will Benefit:
• Beginning Internal Auditors
• Compliance Professionals
• Operational Risk professionals
• Finance Professionals
• Board Members
• Internal Auditors
• External Auditors
• Audit Committee Members
• Operational Risk Managers
• Departmental Managers
Marna Steuart Marna Steuart has been in the audit industry for over twenty years. Ms. Steuart began her career with a Big Four firm as an external auditor, then as an internal auditor in several different capacities within several different industries. Ms. Steuart has performed internal audits, consulting engagements, vendor contract audits, collective bargaining contracts, construction contract audits of several third-party contracts and confidential investigations throughout her career as an internal auditor. She has first-hand knowledge of how to perform each type of audit and how to build an effective audit manual for all types of audits.