We are an authorized partner of SkillPath Seminars
Price protection. The price to attend Business Writing and Grammar Skills Made Easy and Fun!
is set by the training provider. There is no added
charge for our services.
We honor most training
Call a representative to see if your discount coupon
Privacy. Your personal information
won't be shared with anyone but the training provider SkillPath Seminars.
Security. When you register for this
seminar on FindaSeminar.com your personal data and payment
information is safely collected and processed using secure SSL
Flexibility. FindaSeminar.com offers
you three ways to register for Business Writing and Grammar Skills Made Easy and Fun!
seminar by SkillPath Seminars.
Register online, by
phone (800) 349-1935,or fax (800) 712-5569
|Who should attend Business Writing and Grammar Skills Made Easy and Fun!
|Anyone who writes business documents of any kind
|Write and read SkillPath Seminars reviews
and reviews about the training seminar Business Writing and Grammar Skills Made Easy and Fun! on the
Seminar News Network and the
Training News Network.
Frequently asked questions and registration options for the
training seminar Business Writing and Grammar Skills Made Easy and Fun!
/ Training class dates & locations
print the agenda
BUSINESS WRITING AND GRAMMAR SKILLS MADE EASY AND FUN! TRAINING SEMINAR
You’ll learn ...
- The "pre-writing" technique that´ll have the words flowing
- How to know if your paragraphs are in a confusing, illogical order
... and the best way to fix the problem
- How to avoid the trap of wordy opening paragraphs that leave the
readers wondering "Huh?"
- The 12 most damaging blunders in business writing–-sidestep these at
- And much more!
Gain dozens of field-tested strategies relied on by today´s most
effective business writers. Learn how to present your ideas clearly
and persuasively ... select words that fit your meaning ... spot
misused verbs ... pronouns and punctuation ... avoid communication
misfires ... and much, much more.
Day One: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00
Transforming a blank page into a bold message
- Freewriting: What it is and how to use it to produce a great first draft
in half the time
- Are your paragraphs in a confusing, illogical order? Here´s how to tell
and how to fix the problem
- Great words and phrases for linking paragraphs together so your readers
don´t have to stumble through your document
- How to guard against the deadly mistake of leaving important points out
because you´re so focused on the little stuff
the ground rules
- Take the confidential Writer´s Discovery Analysis to
identify areas you want to polish
- Understand how business writing is uniquely different from
other types of writing
- Discover your natural style—it´s the key to reader-friendly,
- How to "do your homework"—you´ll be amazed at how
effortlessly the words flow after that
- Put the "Know Thy Reader" commandment into practice and
double the impact of your message
your grammar and usage skills
- The most troublesome words in business and how to erase any uncertainty
about using them
- When a personal, casual style is important—never underestimate the power
- A concise refresher on how to correctly use verb tenses, subject-verb
patterns and pronouns and their antecedents
- The "best-of-the-best" desktop references you´ll want at your fingertips
for quick answers
- Ensure or insure? Affect or effect? Making the right choice between
confusing words like these just became a whole lot easier!
- When it´s okay to bend the "rules" to make your point clearly
- Are abbreviations and acronyms really proper in business writing? This
insight will shed light on the issue
- The unwritten rules about the appropriate and inappropriate use of jargon
- BONUS: A handy reference list of conjugations for 120 irregular verbs!
- Can´t remember if the punctuation goes inside or outside the quotation
marks? Here´s how to avoid this pitfall
- Follow this widely accepted guideline for when to spell out numbers and
when to use figures
- Avoid these blunders when using apostrophes—they scream "Rookie!"
- When adding hyphens, dashes and other marks for emphasis ... know when
you´ve gone overboard
- To capitalize or not to capitalize? These tips will eliminate any question
- A refreshing overview of how to use punctuation marks correctly every time
- Your guide to international correspondence—follow this to the letter to
ensure you put your best foot forward
every word correctly every time
- An intriguing spelling technique that many national spelling champs
secretly rely on
- How to stop having to look up the same word in the dictionary over and
- Prefixes and suffixes made easy
- How to take the confusion out of pluralizing letters, abbreviations and
- DANGER: If you think your spell-checker takes the place of the human eye,
you´re asking for trouble
Day Two: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00
reader´s attention with powerful openings and closings
- The "bible" on how to write openings that reel readers in
- How to construct a closing so action-oriented it´s like a shot of
adrenaline to your reader
- Real-world insight into humor and when—if ever—it should be used in
- How to avoid the trap of wordy opening paragraphs that leave the reader
- Tough but necessary questions to ask yourself after you´ve written the
influencing and convincing for results
- Super techniques that give you powerful psychological leverage over your
- The proven connection between the use of personal pronouns and the results
your business writing gets
- Undeniably effective tips for winning the reader over to your way of
- How to make a strong and logical written argument without coming across
like a bulldozer
- Stop! If you want to avoid a negative reaction from the reader, take this
Projecting credibility and professionalism
- The 12 most damaging blunders in business writing—sidestep these at all
- How to curb the use of worn-out business clichés and what to say instead
- Hard-and-fast rules when working with a team on a writing project
- How to develop a sixth sense for damaging, biased and sexist language so
you can make absolutely sure your writing is "clean"
- Get a firm grip on how to deliver bad news in writing—without a doubt, you
will need this someday
your professional skills
- EXCLUSIVE: How to choose a style manual that works for your organization
- Just released! The latest, most professional business writing formats ...
for letters, memos, proposals, reports and more
- A crash course in building winning business proposals
- How to write memos and e-mail that today´s busy professional can digest in
60 seconds or less
- Field-tested letter-writing techniques that pay off in three big ways
- Don´t miss a single one of these six elements when writing a report ...
they´re all essential!
- Straight from the mouths of direct mail pros: Creating sales letters that
bring in the orders
- How to write a press release that gets glowing coverage your company
president will thank you for
- The art of writing crisp, clear instructions
proofreading like the pros
- Four amazing proofreading secrets that will automatically push your
accuracy rate to 99%—or higher
- Editing and proofreading symbols the pros use to simplify and speed up the
- Relax ... this team approach takes the fear out of proofing technical or
- How to proofread quickly and accurately under pressure
- How to shut out phones, voices and other distractions when proofing in a
busy office (It´s like sitting in an airtight bubble!)
- Catching typographical errors—yes, it´s tricky, but these tips will help
shine the spotlight on them
- Keep your sanity with this proofreader´s checklist that ensures perfection
down to the very last detail
- Proofreading a foreign language? Here are helpful rules that will calm
- How to do a final "sanity check" before your document goes out the door so
you can sleep like a baby that night
- Editing techniques that will work miracles on your document
CPE Credits 12
Seminar Check-In: 8:15AM Seminar Program: 9:00AM -
4:00PM each day
A comprehensive two-day workshop for anyone that writes, prepares or proofreads writing (see
full course description)
print this agenda
SkillPath Seminars training and seminar course catalog
Click any title to view upcoming SkillPath Seminars training event dates and locations, class syllabus and other seminar details