| In this course, you'll use Macromedia Fireworks to create vector graphics,
edit bitmap graphics, optimize images, and create and assign rollover effects
Target Student: This course is designed primarily for new or prospective Web
designers who want to create, modify, and optimize graphics for use on Web sites
using Macromedia Fireworks.
Benefits: After completing this course, students will be
able to create, modify, and optimize graphics for use on Web sites. Students
will be able to create graphics that include rollovers, text, hotspots, and
other visual effects.
What's Next: After completing this course, students can learn
more by taking the Macromedia Fireworks MX: Level 2 course.
• Understand the differences between bitmap and vector graphics.
• Use the Info panel to precisely scale objects.
• Use Fireworks to create and manipulate complex vector graphics and apply
effects, textures, and patterns.
• Understand GIF, JPEG, and PNG file formats to choose the right one
for each kind of image.
• Import bitmap (raster) graphics and modify them.
• Create selections within bitmap images using the Lasso, Marquee, and
Magic Wand tools.
• Import and modify text objects, and merge them with vector graphics.
• Understand image resolution as it pertains to Web based graphics.
• Show and edit rulers, grids, and guides in order to position items on a Web page.
• Create hotspots to which you will assign links, alt text, and link targets.
• Slice complex images into sections and use the Optimize panel and Fireworks'
Preview modes to optimize the images individually.
• Create simple and customized rollover and disjoint rollover effects using
effects, patterns, and textures.
• Export a multi-frame Fireworks file with rollover effects as an HTML
Fireworks MX Level 1:
Lesson 1: The Fireworks Environment
Topic 1A: An Overview of Fireworks
Topic 1B: Vector and Bitmap Graphics
Topic 1C: Fireworks Environment Elements
Topic 1D: Navigating in Fireworks
Lesson 2: Creating Vector Graphics
Topic 2A: Vector Drawing Tools
Topic 2B: Drawing Basic Shapes
Topic 2C: Modifying Vector Graphics
Lesson 3: Transforming Vector Images and Effects
Topic 3A: Combining Shapes
Topic 3B: Applying Effects
Lesson 4: Bitmap Images
Topic 4A: Bitmap Basics
Topic 4B: Editing Bitmap Images
Topic 4C: Effects with Bitmap Images
Lesson 5: Using Text
Topic 5A: Creating Text
Topic 5B: Merging Text and Graphics
Lesson 6: Optimizing Graphics for the Web
Topic 6A: Web Graphic File Formats
Topic 6B: Optimizing Images
Lesson 7: Hotspot Links
Topic 7A: Creating Hotspots
Topic 7B: Assigning Links to Hotspots
Lesson 8: Slicing and Rollovers
Topic 8A: Slicing
Topic 8B: Rollovers