Level 2 is a hands-on instruction
book that teaches you powerful techniques for creating and editing
Web graphics and pages. You will learn advanced skills for working
with vector graphics, photographic images and effects, slicing and
rollovers, symbols and animation, and exporting to HTML.
Target Student: This course is designed primarily for new or prospective Web
designers who want to create, modify, and optimize graphics for use on Web
sites using Macromedia Fireworks.
Benefits: After completing this course, students will
be able to create and edit paths. Students will create graphic effects
such as text wrapping to a path. Students will create image effects,
and learn techniques for sharpening images. Students will create complex
rollover behaviors, and create animation and buttons using symbols.
What's Next: After completing this course, students
can learn more by taking the Macromedia Fireworks MX: Level 2 course.
• Create and edit vector paths using the Pen and Subselection tools.
• Wrap text on a path and convert text to paths.
• Sharpen images and improve their contrast precisely.
• Create image effects such as cloning, masking, and patterns.
• Create and edit complex rollover behaviors, including multi-state navigation
bars and drop-down lists.
• Use instances of symbols throughout a Website, and modify the original
symbol to update all instances.
• Create animation and buttons using symbols.
• Modify HTML export settings to create files that match the format of
the HTML editor application you use.
Fireworks MX Level 2: For Windows
Lesson 1: Vector Paths
Topic 1A: Vector Path Concepts
Topic 1B: Drawing and Editing Rough Paths
Topic 1C: Creating Paths Precisely with the Pen Tool
Topic 1D: Text and Paths
Lesson 2: Image Effects
Topic 2A: Improving Sharpness and Contrast
Topic 2B: Editing Images
Topic 2C: Patterns
Topic 2D: Masking
Topic 2E: Saving Effects and Styles
Lesson 3: Advanced Rollovers and Slicing
Topic 3A: Triggering Rollovers from Polygonal Areas
Topic 3B: Pop-up Menus
Topic 3C: Behaviors
Topic 3D: Navigation Bars
Lesson 4: Symbols, Instances, and Animation
Topic 4A: Button Symbols
Topic 4B: Graphic Symbols
Topic 4C: Creating Animation
Lesson 5: Exporting Pages for a Website
Topic 5A: Text Slices
Topic 5B: HTML Export Options