This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to develop applications in Microsoft Visual Basic® .NET for the Microsoft .NET platform. The course focuses on user interfaces, program structure, language syntax, and implementation details.
This is the first course in the Visual Basic .NET curriculum and will serve as the entry point for other .NET courses.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create a simple Visual Basic .NET–based application based on the Windows Application template.
- Use forms and controls to create a user interface.
- Create and use variables and arrays.
- Create and use Sub and Function procedures, including predefined functions.
- Implement decision structures and loops by using conditional expressions.
- Validate user input for fields, controls, and forms.
- Apply object-oriented programming techniques to create classes, add methods, and add properties.
- Resolve syntax, run-time, and logic errors by using the debugger and structured exception handling.
- Enhance the user interface by adding menus, status bars, and toolbars.
- Create a simple Visual Basic .NET–based Web Forms application that uses an XML Web Service.
- Access and manipulate data in a Microsoft Access or Microsoft SQL Server™ database by using Microsoft ADO.NET.
- Build, package, and deploy an application.
- Module 1: Getting Started
- Module 2: Working with Forms and Controls
- Module 3: Using Variables and Arrays
- Module 4: Working with Procedures
- Module 5: Decision Structures and Loops
- Module 6: Validating User Input
- Module 7: Object-Oriented Programming in Visual Basic .NET
- Module 8: Handling Errors and Exceptions
- Module 9: Enhancing the User Interface
- Module 10: Web Forms and XML Web Services
- Module 11: Using ADO.NET
- Module 12: Deploying Applications