In today's legal environment, incorrectly drafted documents create legal liability. As a result, this program will examine the do's and don'ts of drafting workplace documents.
- Applications and the interview process
- Handbooks and documentation of performance
- Recent trends and developments
- Executive employment agreements
- Non-competition agreements
- The attendee will be able to discuss reducing liability.
- The attendee will be able to review executive employment agreements.
- The attendee will be able to identify recent trends.
9:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
I. Applications And The Interview Process
A. EEO Implications
B. Distinguishing What Can Be Asked Pre-offer vs. Post-offer
C. Fair Credit Reporting Act Considerations
D. Reducing Liability
10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
II. Handbooks And Documentation Of Performance
A. Effective Disclaimers
B. Statutory Considerations
C. Practical Recommendations
D. Recent Trends And Developments
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
III. Executive Employment Agreements
A. Recent Trends
B. Risk Management Issues
2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
2:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
IV. Non-Competition Agreements
A. Overview Of The Law
B. Do's And Don'ts
C. Other Restrictive Covenants That Can Help Protect Your Business