Attendees of this seminar will have a better understanding of critically important financial management principles and methods of diagnostic analysis. As a result, attendees will be able to exert tighter control over their business and identify emerging problems more quickly.
- A discussion of the purpose of a business and the four critical factors that determine the profitability of your business
- How to identify and monitor your key business activities
- Management and control of working capital with particular emphasis on cash flow, inventory management, receivable management and payable control
- How to manage the relationship between profit and cash flow
- The attendee will be able to discuss the five key management tools.
- The attendee will be able to identify how to finance the growth of a business.
- The attendee will be able to review how to project and monitor the financial performance of your business.
8:30 a.m. - 9:10 a.m.
I. The Purpose Of A Business
A. Net Profit
B. Return On Investment
C. Cash Flow
D. The Three Forms Of Expenses
E. Putting This All Together
F. What's Your Profit Improvement Potential?
9:10 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.
II. Cost Behavior And Activity-Based Costing
A. Cost Of Goods Sold
C. Administrative Expenses
9:50 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
III. The Story Of A Businessperson Who Lost His Way By Looking At The Wrong Measure Of
A. The Problem
B. Things To Measure
C. Measure And Manage
10:30 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
10:40 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
IV. Gross Margin Analysis
A. Two Variables
B. Product Profitability Analysis
C. Customer Profitability Analysis
11:10 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
V. Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
A. Breakeven Analysis
B. Overhead Costs
11:50 a.m. - 12:50 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
12:50 p.m. - 1:40 p.m.
VI. Productivity Analysis
A. Critical Success Factors
B. Eight Dimensions Of Quality
C. Key Performance Indicators
1:40 p.m. - 2:20 p.m.
VII. The Productive Capacity Of A Business
A. Productive Capacity
C. Related Implications
2:20 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
VIII. Identifying And Monitoring Key Activities
A. The Curse Of The Rational Reason
B. The Bottom Line Measurement
3:10 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.
IX. The Management And Control Of Working Capital
A. The Basic Principles Of Working Capital Management
B. Key Ratios Used To Monitor Working Capital
C. Working Capital Management And Business Strategy
3:50 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
X. Financing The Growth Of Your Business
A. The Strategic Implications Of Growing Your Business
B. How To Project And Monitor The Performance Of Your Business