The goal of this course is to provide developers with the knowledge and
skills to develop mobile enterprise solutions by using the Smart Device
Extensions for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET and the Microsoft .NET Compact
· This course is intended for experienced, professional software
developers who work in corporate enterprise development teams and independent
software vendors. Most students will be Microsoft Visual Basic® .NET, Microsoft
Visual C#, or Java developers.
· These developers want to build end-to-end solutions in an enterprise
environment that includes mobile devices as part of the environment.
· This course may also benefit Microsoft Windows® CE developers who have
typically used native code (either C or C++) or eVB 3.0 to build Windows CE
· Before attending this class, students must have familiarity with the
.NET Framework concepts. Experience using a .NET language, such as Visual Basic
.NET or Visual C#. Creating Windows client applications using the .NET
Framework, creating data access components that use ADO.NET to retrieve or
update data in a database, building ASP.NET applications, using Extensible
Markup Language (XML). Familiarity with basic SQL statements, such as SELECT
· Explain the .NET Compact Framework and technologies used in mobile
enterprise application development.
· Set up and configure the mobile application development environment.
· Build a simple client application for a mobile device.
· Manage offline data access.
· Access remote data.
· Synchronize mobile data.
· Design applications appropriately for a mobile environment.
· Create secure applications for a mobile environment.
· Debug and test mobile device applications.
· Build and deploy a sample mobile enterprise application.
· 2559: Introduction to Visual Basic .NET Programming with Microsoft
· 2609: Introduction to C# Programming with Microsoft .NET
· Programming with C# (2124)
· Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET (2373)
- Introduction to Mobile Device Application Development
- Platform, Tools, and Technologies
- Application Design Considerations
- Overview of the .NET Compact Framework
- Working with the User Interface
- General User Interface Considerations
- Designing the User Interface
- User Input
- Customizing Controls
- Working with Local Data
- Using XML
- Using SQL Server CE
- Accessing Remote Data
- Using XML Web Services
- Using the .NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server
- Other Remote Data Access Options
- Synchronizing Data with SQL Server CE
- Overview of Data Synchronization
- Using RDA (Remote Data Access)
- Using Merge Replication
- Choosing the Appropriate Synchronization Option
- Creating Secure Applications for a Mobile Environment
- Overview of Security in an Enterprise Environment
- Code Signing
- Security on SQL Server CE
- Deploying Mobile Applications
- Distributing Applications
- Building a Sample Mobile Enterprise Application
- Introduction to the Survey Sample Application
- Creating the Server Side Components
- Using a Smart Client