In many companies, supervisors are so busy with their daily tasks that there is often little or no time to provide them with effective training in how to recognize and deal with the challenges of supervising.
This seminar will help you learn how to build on your unique strengths to develop a confident, professional leadership style. You will learn how to deal with the issues all new supervisors and managers face, from dealing with difficult employees to being an effective leader in a variety of situations. You will learn how to effectively and legally recruit, interview, coach, motivate, discipline and provide employees performance feedback that will help them - and you - boost productivity, morale and results. The core skills and proven methods you will learn will increase your professional worth as a supervisor and earn the respect of both your employees and co-workers.
Whether you are a new supervisor, manager or team leader or a veteran just wanting to review the basics, this seminar can help you master the fundamental building blocks of successful supervision. From goal-setting to team-building, you'll have the opportunity to cover it all in this one-day session.
- How to successfully handle the challenges supervisors face
- What motivates people and how you can use non-monetary motivators to get great results
- Understanding the basic legal aspects of supervision to keep you and your company out of trouble
- Simple strategies for handling difficult employees
- Using a supervisory skills inventory to develop a personal plan for growth
- The attendee will be able to identify fundamental leadership principles essential to effective supervision.
- The attendee will be able to learn how to develop and maintain a healthy work environment that keeps everyone motivated.
- The attendee will be able to conduct effective legal interviews, counseling sessions and performance reviews.
- The attendee will be able to identify techniques to effectively manage their time and priorities.
- The attendee will be able to assess their supervisory skills and develop a plan for growth.
- The attendee will be able to learn how to improve their communications effectiveness to develop credibility with employees, peers and higher-ups.
9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
I. Overview Of Seminar
9:15 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
II. Supervision And Leadership
A. Leadership Fundamentals And The Challenges All New Supervisors Face
9:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
III. Basic Supervisory Skills
A. Effective, Legal Interviewing Techniques
B. Orienting The New Employee
C. Delegating, Disciplining And Conducting Performance Reviews
10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
IV. Effective Communication Skills
A. Goal Setting
B. Improving Your Own Communication Effectiveness To Build Teams
C. Manage Conflict And Reduce Everyone's Stress
11:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
V. Manage Your Day Effectively
A. Your Time
B. Your Priorities
C. Your Productivity
11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
VI. 'After All, You're The Supervisor'
A. Video And Review Of Key Points That Make A Good Supervisor Even Better
1:45 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
VII. Dealing With Difficult Employees
A. Effective Strategies That Can Turn Them Around And Make Them Committed Team Players
2:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
VIII. 'P' Soup: The Good And Bad Ingredients Of Developing And Maintaining
A Healthy Work Environment And Work Force
3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
IX. Supervisory Skills Inventory
A. A Personal Assessment And Plan For Growth
4:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
X. Summary: Keys To Successful Supervision And Closing Remarks