This 3-day seminar is targeted for managers who face a dual role: they continue to function as a key individual contributor but must also direct and coach a team toward peak performance and results. The critical interpersonal skills of these managers include: developing a diverse work force, coaching and counseling for peak performance, and delegation.
Through intensive videotaped role-play and group discussion participants begin to master these skills and develop effective strategies for solving "real work" problems.
Participants are also required to complete the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, an instrument that assesses communication and coaching styles.
In addition, each participant brings a "real life" management problem to the session. These situations are developed into case studies so participants can develop strategies and solutions to current on-the-job concerns.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Better identify performance expectations of employees, bosses and other workplace stakeholders.
- Understand their management style and its impact on others.
- Identify the developmental needs of each employee they manage.
- Implement coaching and feedback models that improve performance and increase employee buy-in.
- Identify new opportunities to delegate, based on development needs of employees.
- Implement a “high trust” coaching model designed to coach employees through delegated projects.
Day 1 - Looking at Your Role
- Goal Setting for Personal Development
- The Manager as "Expectations Juggler"
- Clarifying Your Role and Building "Situational Savvy"
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: Identifying an Optimum Management and Communication Style
- Dealing Effectively with Different Personalities and Diverse Values in the Workplace
- Group Case Study
Day 2 - Coaching Others
- Coaching and Counseling: Making Every Minute Count
- Task vs. Relationship Behavior: Reading Between the Lines
- The Stages of a Manager-Employee Relationship: How People Develop and the Manager’s Role as Mentor
- "Gaming Behavior": Dealing with Difficult Employees and Challenging Behavior
- Performance Management and Feedback Models
- Personal Case Study/Video Role Play
Day 3 - Getting More Leverage
- Personal Case Studies…(Continued)
- Leveraging Productivity through Delegation
- Coaching High Performers
- Development Action Plan