We will address business debt against business, involving complex legal, factual scenarios, contracts, legal issues, and all those considerations and problems which pertain to one business trading with another.
- Pre-planning for delinquent accounts
- Whether to sell and extend credit
- Common situations - 'screaming' for attention
- Procedure where inability to recover or default in payment
- Should we litigate or arbitrate?
- Pre-judgment and post-judgment remedies - legal action to collect the commercial account
- Bankruptcy/insolvency: effect upon collection
- Collection of commercial accounts in the other 49 states and the world
8:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
I. Be Proactive Manage Credit Before Deliquency
A. Preplanning For Future Delinquent Accounts
B. Whether To Sell And Extend Credit
C. Crisis Situations 'Screaming' For Attention
D. Mode Of Demands For Payment
E. Improve Your Collection Posture Prior To Suit
F. Debtor Defaults: What Next?
10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
II. Entry Of Judgment Post-Judgment Remedies
A. Entry Of Money Judgment
C. Supplementary Examination Post-Judgment Discovery ('The Hunting Season Begins!')
E. Sheriff's Execution
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch (On Your Own)
1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
III. Preparing For Suit, Motions, Pre-Judgment Remedies
1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
IV. Litigation vs. Alternative Dispute Resolution; Win With Least Costs And Delay
2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
V. Receivership: How It Works For Or Against You; Creditors Need Creditor's
3:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
3:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
VI. Bankruptcy/Insolvency Proceedings And Their Effect Upon Collection
A. Types Of Bankruptcy Cases
B. The Automatic Stay
C. The Claims Process
E. Administrative Claims
F. Lien Avoidance
G. Discharge And Dischargeability
H. Preference And Fraudulent Conveyances
4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
VII. Collection Of Commercial Accounts Of The Wisconsin Creditor Throughout The
Other 49 States And The World