Why is the Internet such an insecure environment?
Why has technology failed to keep up with the ever increasing threats?
What are the real threats and how can they be mitigated?
What are the objectives of security vendors?
What are the hackers motives?
... Learn all this and more in our one day informational presentation.
CYBER-SECURITY AWARENESS DAY
From Chaos Comes Opportunity
1. Introduction to the cyber security landscape today:
- Threat types
- Industry trends
2. What are the major threats?
- Lack of Awareness
- SQL Injection
- Social Engineering
- Poor Procedures
- Poor Applications Development
3. What are these threats costing business?
4. What are the mitigation approaches
5. What would Security Vendors have you believe?
6. Weakness with current approaches?
7. What are the key compliance standards?
8. What are the analysts saying?
9. Separating the hype from reality
Securing cyberspace is an extraordinarily difficult strategic challenge that requires a coordinated and focused effort from our entire society – the federal government, state and local governments, the private sector and the American people.
Ralph Harvey, CISSP
- With over 23 years in the IT industry including the last 10 in the security field.
- Based on Ralph’s experience which includes: security policy creation, software security, and security
product development he is well placed to present our security awareness seminar
- His vibrant enthusiasm makes seminars interesting and lively and his style presents complex topics in an
easy to comprehend manner.
- Drawing from experience of security roles within financial institutions – including Bankers Trust, Computer
Manufacturers – including Digital Equipment and recently as a CTO for a prominent security vendor
(Prevx), Ralph presents a practical view of security.
- In his last role as Chief Technology Officer of Prevx Inc, Ralph analyzed and compared the performance
and effectiveness of 100’s of security products and has a broad understanding of the strengths and
limitations of the computer security defenses available today.
- Ralph is ideally placed to separate the hype from the facts and provide independent guidance on
computer security issues today.
- A joint patent holder for secure operating systems technology, Ralph is CISSP qualified and is currently
obtaining a Masters Degree in Internet Technologies from Liverpool University.