Employee lawsuits have become
something to be expected in the regular course of doing business these days. No
amount of advice can guarantee that your company will not be sued, but educating
yourself, your human resources personnel and supervisory personnel about the
employment laws that regulate an employer's conduct toward its employees and
employment applicants can substantially limit your company's potential
liability. This program will focus on the many different discrimination and
harassment issues that arise in the workplace.
In One Day, You'll Learn To:
- Understand how discrimination claims are investigated and how you should
- Understand recent changes to the Maryland Human Rights Act
- Properly respond to sexual harassment and hostile environment claims
- Take the headaches out of Equal Pay Act issues
- Fulfill the often complex requirements related to the Americans with
- Avoid - or win - discrimination charges through documentation and
- The attendee will be able to identify the elements of an employment
- The attendee will be able to discuss how best to respond to a sexual
- The attendee will be able to review ways to avoid discrimination charges.
Who Should Attend?
This one-day seminar is designed for attorneys, human resource managers,
business owners and managers, supervisors and controllers.
Continuing Education Units
- HRCI 6.5
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: Course agendas and speakers may differ slightly depending on location. Please call (800) 349-1935 or email a representative to obtain an agenda for a particular location.