Course Outline: 2779 Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database
Learning Method: Instructor-led Classroom Learning
Duration: 3.00 Day(s)
This course provides students with product knowledge and skills needed to implement a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2005 product features and tools related to implementing a database.
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for IT Professionals wanting to become skilled on SQL Server 2005 product features and technologies for implementing a database.
At Course Completion:
After completing this course, students will be able to: - Create databases and database files. - Create data types and tables. - Use XML in SQL Server 2005. - Create and tune indexes. - Implement data integrity. - Create views. - Create stored procedures and functions. - Implement managed code in the database. - Use Service Broker to build a messaging-based solution.
2778 Writing Queries Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Transact-SQL
Lesson 1: Creating Databases and Database Files
- Creating Databases.
- Creating Filegroups.
- Creating Schemas.
- Creating Database Snapshots.
Lesson 2: Creating Data Types and Tables
- Creating Data Types.
- Creating Tables.
- Creating Partitioned Tables.
Lesson 3: Using XML
- Retrieving XML with FOR XML.
- Shredding XML with OPENXML.
- Using the xml Data Type.
Lesson 4: Creating and Tuning Indexes
- Planning Indexes.
- Creating Indexes.
- Optimizing Indexes.
- Creating XML Indexes.
Lesson 5: Implementing Data Integrity
- Data Integrity Overview.
- Implementing Constraints.
- Implementing Triggers.
- Implementing XML Schemas.
Lesson 6: Creating Views
- Introduction to Views.
- Creating and Managing Views.
- Optimizing Performance with Views.
Lesson 7: Creating Stored Procedures and Functions
- Implementing Stored Procedures.
- Creating Parameterized Stored Procedures.
- Creating Functions.
- Handling Errors.
- Controlling Execution Context.
Lesson 8: Implementing Managed Code in the Database
- Introduction to the SQL Server Common Language Runtime.
- Importing and Configuring Assemblies.
- Creating Managed Database Objects.
Lesson 9: Using Service Broker
- Service Broker Overview.
- Creating Service Broker Objects.
- Sending and Receiving Messages.