You have heard or read that over 70% of people who quit their jobs do so to get away from an unsatisfactory relationship with their bosses! Supervisors who are nonassertive fail to provide effective leadership and lose the respect of employees. Those who are aggressive alienate employees, breed resentment and retaliation, and get only begrudging compliance.
When supervisors and managers become consistently assertive they improve performance, loyalty and retention dramatically! The most difficult part of a manager´s job is dealing with people and this training will improve skills for this critical component of managerial effectiveness and the success of the organization.
Learn from Sam Lloyd, author of "Developing Positive Assertiveness", a best-selling book in the popular Crisp Series, and receive a complimentary copy of the book to supplement the valuable seminar workbook.
YOU WILL LEARN:
• What is the real problem? How to define it.
• Defining a real problem for application
• Nonassertive - passive, indirect, ineffective
• Aggressive - abrasive, controlling, destructive
• Assertive - direct, tactful, effective
UNDERSTANDING HUMAN BEHAVIOR
• Personality: what it is & how it affects communication
• Common relationship problems & conflict
• How to resolve the problems & conflicts
ASSERTIVE ACTIVE LISTENING
• Common listening responses & their risks
• Benefits of Active Listening
• 4 Active Listening Skills
DEVELOPING YOUR ASSERTIVENESS
• Do’s and Don’ts for assertiveness
• Getting prepared and thinking it through
• 4 different ways to be assertive for better rapport
EMOTIONS & ASSERTIVENESS
• Early lessons about feelings & how feelings really work
• How to use your power to choose your own feelings
ASSERTIVE DELIVERY - HOW YOU SAY IT
• Body language signals for each behavior style
• Practice session with feedback about your delivery
• How to add power without becoming aggressive
Learning to be assertive can be the most important change in anyone’s life! Assertiveness is the only real Win-Win style of human behavior. This intensive 2-day seminar helps each participant develop his or her own personal power for maximum effectiveness with other people. All levels of personnel can improve personal and interpersonal effectiveness with the lessons learned in this training!