Take Advantage of the Best Real Estate Financing Options
In today´s world of real estate, buyers have more financing choices than ever before. The tough part is matching specific financing needs to the appropriate option. Are you as knowledgeable about the various vehicles as you´d like to be? Do you find yourself using or advising on the same methods over and over again because you´re not familiar enough with the others? Now´s the time to take your knowledge to the next level. Don´t miss this chance to get the knowledge upgrade you need so you can confidently choose or advise on the best financing method for any situation.
• Speed up the process by knowing how to deal with loan applications, provisions and pre-negotiation agreements.
• Don´t miss out on some of the smartest alternatives Š know what financing options are available.
• Understand the advantages of leases as financing tools Š and determine when they´re the best option.
• Confidently structure synthetic leases and know when to use a sale-leaseback to raise capital.
• Zero in on specific areas of development and get familiar with the lending issues inherent to each one so you can help choose the right option.
• Help select the financing vehicle that will be most favorable for their specific industries, like retail or hotel projects.
• Recognize how securitized loans can be used to minimize risk.
• Overcome the most common commercial lending obstacles by knowing the red flags to watch for.
- WHAT FINANCING OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
9:00 - 10:00 Ernest K. Hardison III.
- Examining the Different Types of Real Estate Loans
- Using Traditional Financing Mechanisms
- When is Requesting Special Need Financing Appropriate
- Putting Private Financing to Work for Your Client
- HOW CAN A LEASE BE USED AS A FINANCING VEHICLE?
10:15 - 11:00 Darlene T. Marsh and Alisa C. Peters.
- Structuring a Synthetic Lease
- Rights and Obligations of Ground Leases
- Raising Capital Through the Use of Sale-Lease Backs
- Exploring Lender Leasing Issues
- WHAT FINANCE ISSUES ARISE FOR SPECIFIC DEVELOPMENT AREAS?
11:00 - 12:00 Darlene T. Marsh and Alisa C. Peters.
- Financing for Mass Development
- Choices Available When Dealing With Construction Contracts
- Special Issues Facing Retail Industry Financing
- Crucial Elements of Hotel Lending
- The Challenges of Financing Senior Housing
- WHAT DOES THE LENDER NEED TO BE AWARE OF?
1:00 - 1:45
Ernest K. Hardison III, Daniel W. Small, Darlene T. Marsh and Alisa C. Peters.
- What to Watch Out for in Mezzanine Loans
- How Inter-Creditor Agreements Work
- Taking the Mystery Out of Loan Syndications
- Analyzing Ancillary Documents
- Determining Whether to Use Letters of Credit
- WHAT ARE SECURITIZED LOANS?
1:45 - 2:30 Darlene T. Marsh and Alisa C. Peters.
- The Basics of Securitization
- Developing the Securitized Loan
- Types of Securitized Real Estate
- MAINTAINING AN ETHICAL BALANCE
2:45 - 3:45 Daniel W. Small.
- Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- Applying the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Lender Liability
- DOCUMENTING EFFECTIVELY AND AVOIDING COMMON PROBLEMS
3:45 - 4:30 Daniel W. Small.
- Your Guide to Loan Applications and Commitments
- Analyzing and Drafting Loan Documents
- Essential Provisions and Requirements
- Establishing Pre-Negotiation Agreements
Agendas and Speakers may differ slightly depending on the location. Please e-mail or call a representative to obtain an agenda for a particular location.